Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #31
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Bull fighters and their fans belong to the second category, not the first.
I 100% agree.

I think they put the same amount of value on the life on that animal as we do on many of our animals.

I think we are all guilty of that and it is unfair of us to point a finger at them when we all do that to some degree.

I am not talking just this conversation...trust me. In general, us Americans who complain about stuff like this still use the medicine and makeup that was created from the torturing of animals. That finger wagging makes us Americans hypocrites.

Last edited by happy_terd; 08-19-2010 at 07:20 PM.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #32
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very good conversation by the way.

Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion.

I do not believe that man should have the right to decide which animals have more right to live (or be given a cruel death) than other animals.

Last edited by happy_terd; 08-19-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #33
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I can agree with you on that, Laz.
-------------

BUT I still think it is f*cked up how we can feel pity for the bull and not the smaller animals we consider pests.
Pity is unfortunately a thing that is based on what is good for yourself. I really don't wanna do this but I kind of have to since you somewhat bring it up yourself.

The same thing you're calling f*cked up and hypocritical is the very thing that caused moejoe and others to attack you in the first place. You made a hypocritical statement about american lives vs. other lives (especially middleeastern). That somehow 3k innocent american lives were more worth than 1 mio. or more iranian lives.

On what value do you scale an american child vs. an afghani or iranian child?

Your agency in this thread for me to see has primarily been a getting back on those who critiqued you when you suggested genocide (I know you didn't mean it, I even wrote PM's about that you didn't mean it). Despite that it falls back on yourself. Because the hypocrisy you're now problematizing is the exact same that you in another context proponed.

What I want is just to be done with it all. You should stop your passive-aggressive attacks on moejoe et al and they should in turn let you be.

The Lounge should be a place where we could actually discuss things - also things close to our hearts, but where everyday is a new day.

I don't fully live up to that myself, I understand that. But if this place shall be a happy but still meaningful place for us all, why not make an effort. (I mean it for myself as well).
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #34
happy_terd
Banned

lol.

I dont think I attacked moejoe for months...this is an old thread that was bumped. I could care less what you think...hit ignore member, buddy.
--------

The whole genocide thing was said to be mean and cruel out of a 20 minute period of anger. I didnt mean it. I apologized right away and took back what I said within the hour. If you dont accept my apology I could give two fifths a fu*k.

I was played like an instrument on that one particular thread and the several other threads where non Americans sat there and ragged on America in the name of "talking politics" thread after thread with no mod intervention.
-----------

Im past all that. If you dont like me or what I have to say then hit ignore member and dont reply. I havent broken a single rule.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #35
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post
Pity is unfortunately a thing that is based on what is good for yourself. I really don't wanna do this but I kind of have to since you somewhat bring it up yourself.

The same thing you're calling f*cked up and hypocritical is the very thing that caused moejoe and others to attack you in the first place. You made a hypocritical statement about american lives vs. other lives (especially middleeastern). That somehow 3k innocent american lives were more worth than 1 mio. or more iranian lives.

Your agency in this thread for me to see has primarily been a getting back on those who critiqued you when you suggested genocide (I know you didn't mean it, I even wrote PM's about that you didn't mean it). Despite that it falls back on yourself. Because the hypocrisy you're now problematizing is the exact same that you in another context proponed.

What I want is just to be done with it all. You should stop your passive-aggressive attacks on moejoe et al and they should in turn let you be.

The Lounge should be a place where we could actually discuss things - also things close to our hearts, but where everyday is a new day.

I don't fully live up to that myself, I understand that. But if this place shall be a happy but still meaningful place for us all, why not make an effort. (I mean it for myself as well).

and dont be in the middle of a civil conversation with me for like 10 posts then all of a sudden say "looky here terrorist." Are you trying to pick a fight? Is it because you ran out of stuff to say? Is it your closing argument?

This whole "animal life worth less than a human life" thread was too good to ignore. I would have posted on it no matter who initiated the thread. if you think I am breaking the rules then PM a mod. I can send you a list with a few of their names on it.

Last edited by happy_terd; 08-19-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #36
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
lol.

I dont think I attacked moejoe for months...this is an old thread that was bumped. I could care less what you think...hit ignore member, buddy.
--------

The whole genocide thing was said to be mean and cruel out of a 20 minute period of anger. I didnt mean it. I apologized right away and took back what I said within the hour. If you dont accept my apology I could give two fifths a fu*k.

I was played like an instrument on that one particular thread and the several other threads where non Americans sat there and ragged on America in the name of "talking politics" thread after thread with no mod intervention.
-----------

Im past all that. If you dont like me or what I have to say then hit ignore member and dont reply. I havent broken a single rule.

I'm not suggesting you have! I'm just saying that you now are are problematizing the same hypocrisy you back then advocated... and you are doing it in a thread where you obviously for anyone with half a brain and knowledge of the story between you and moejoe tried to get back at him.

It's not me who didn't accept your apology. I always knew it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. It was yourself! with your own response in this very thread that told me that you felt as if someone had done you wrong. That moejoe had done you a great wrong that you had to avenge by pointing out his lack of humanism.

But even your response to my last posting just reeks for complatency. If everything does you just a bit wrong, hey it's not your fault (people can just set you on ignore: no respect for a community). I'm not about that! Why would I want to restrict myself from an opponents view? But still you are responsible for what you say and do, as am I. So NO I won't put you on ignore, for you may have interesting things to say despite that we disagree. But YES, I will voice my disapproval of what you say whenever I like it. That's called a discussion. Can you handle it (I'm only here every fortnight).

Last edited by Laz116; 08-19-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #37
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
I'm not suggesting you have! I'm just saying that you now are are problematizing the same hypocrisy you back then advocated... and you are doing it in a thread where you obviously for anyone with half a brain and knowledge of the story between you and moejoe tried to get back at him.

It's not me who didn't accept your apology. I always knew it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. It was yourself! with your own response in this very thread that told me that you felt as if someone had done you wrong. That moejoe had done you a great wrong that you had to avenge by pointing out his lack of humanism.

But even your response to my last posting just reeks for complatency. If everything does you just a bit wrong, hey it's not your fault (people can just set you on ignore: no respect for a community). I'm not about that! Why would I want to restrict myself from an opponents view? But still you are responsible for what you say and do, as am I. So NO I won't put you on ignore, for you may have interesting things to say despite that we disagree. But YES, I will voice my disapproval of what you say whenever I like it. That's called a discussion. Can you handle it (I'm only here every fortnight).
You have your right to your opinion.

edit: Sorry if I seemed a little harsh over all of this. Still stings a bit. I will continue this via pm.

Last edited by happy_terd; 08-19-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #38
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

how about if you serve yourself up a cup of get the f*ck over it. long ago conversation, water under the bridge a whole bunch of people were out of line.

DONE!!!! it is OVER!!! DROP IT!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #39
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
how about if you serve yourself up a cup of get the f*ck over it. long ago conversation, water under the bridge a whole bunch of people were out of line.

DONE!!!! it is OVER!!! DROP IT!
Step one to the path of happiness: Try reading the actual words instead of what you think I say. I'm not accusing HT of anything other than looking for vengeance and doing it in a bad way.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #40
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Oddly enough, the glue traps are marketed at being more humane than the snap traps that kill the mice.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #41
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Oddly enough, the glue traps are marketed at being more humane than the snap traps that kill the mice.
It must be like McD recommends their special low fat burger. It will kill you more slowly, but you will die of it. :P

Edit: I don't really know if McD has a low fat burger. I'm just joking.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #42
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
I dont care anymore bro. this thread was like 10 years ago.

f*ck the bull and the rider.
I didn't even realize it was that old. I blame ardeegee

Quote:
The question is "why do we care about the bull and not the mouse?"
Because the bull is not running around inside my cupboards eating holes in the cereal box! Nor, thank god, is it leaving droppings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Go figure.... It is much better to torture it to death - see H_T, the mouse and bull are the same in that respect
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote