Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #31
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yes, the JoinTech OS can only read text files. I only use the Windows OS right now, as all my books are in mobipocket

I don't have the dongle (as it was included only after I ordered ), so I can't help you with that.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #32
ludo
ludo began at the beginning.

Device: Xperia Arc
I received the firmware update from Jointech, but the damn JE100 ignores it. Any special things I need to do, apart from copying it onto an empty card, and turning on the machine?
ludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #33
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo View Post
I received the firmware update from Jointech, but the damn JE100 ignores it. Any special things I need to do, apart from copying it onto an empty card, and turning on the machine?
I don't have the reader yet, but today I was on their site and saw this page:

http://www.jointech.com.hk/downloads.html

Then I clicked on the eBook JE100 User Manual View Online option there is a how to upgrade firmware/WincCE short video.

Have you seen this? If not it may help.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo View Post
Did you format the card as directed? imaredr posted the link to the user manual.

If you did it correctly, entering the card and giving a hard reset (in windows: shut down, or keep the power button pressed for at least 3 seconds), should start the update. Once that's done, remove the card. Otherwise, it'll restart every time you shut down...
Old 08-17-2009, 02:45 AM   #35
ludo
ludo began at the beginning.

Device: Xperia Arc
My mistake: I tried erasing everything on the card without actually reformatting it. It turns out it had a weird partition structure, once I dropped the old partitions and created a single one formatted as FAT32, everything went fine. Thanks for the help!
ludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 02:40 AM   #36
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
Hello Sweatpea..thanks for the help..
for some of the programs (PPC wm5) i am getting the message.."cannot find program.(or one of its componenets) make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"
i am getting this message 1)Foxit 2)task manager 3.adobe pdf (mobile)..
but i can able to instal 1)total commander 2)WR-Tools res info..3)phm regedit.
can u help me..
thanks..
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:44 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Hmm, I've never seen those messages, and I did install the Foxit reader. I only use the device as reader, so I've not installed a lot (foxit, Comic Reader and Mobipocket Reader). I did read somewhere that there are a few DLL's (?) you could get from a Windows Mobile version and use those to get your applications running. You'll have to search for that though.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:07 AM   #38
pbananth
Enthusiast

thats the problem,
which dlls?
thanks..
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbananth View Post
thats the problem,
which dlls?
thanks..
No idea, I didn't look into it as I haven't run into that problem. No idea where I saw that mentioned though...
Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #40
pbananth
Enthusiast

Foxit reader which version?
can you provide me?
thanks.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #41
novapage
Member Retired
novapage began at the beginning.

Device: JE100
wireless dongle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbananth View Post
thanks Sweatpea..
i am having some doubts..
1. mobi,and ureader should be installed in windows?(noob question)
2. whether we can read from JoinTech Screen,
3. can bluetooth dongle be attatched.if so where can i get driver?
4. they have given wireless dongle. can u explain How to?
kindly help..
thanks..
Dear Pbananth
Just have one question for you.
Did you manage to connect the wireless dongle? Did it work?
Could you please let me know if you can help me to understand how to connect and set this wireless dongle.... I could not find any drever installed on JE100.

Thank you
novapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #42
Oreocat
Oreocat began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 701
Hi, I bought the Je100, and loved the looks, but the os has been nothing but trouble. I was planning on returning it, but saw mention of the firmware update. I've emailed the company several times, but haven't heard back from them.

Would anyone who has the firmware update please, please, please be willing to email it to me since the company isn't responding?

I hate to ask this, but I can't find it online, and I'd like to try and make the Je100 work (it freezes on start up currently).

Thank you.
Oreocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #43
messire
messire began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Sweetpea,
Where did you buy the screen cover and the device cover from ?

Thanks.
messire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by messire View Post
Hi Sweetpea,
Where did you buy the screen cover and the device cover from ?

Thanks.
The device cover is from JoinTech. The screencover is just an anti-glare screen protector (got an A4 format sized piece and cut the desired size from it)
Old 09-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #45
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Sweetpea,

I received my JE100 today. I really like it. For me it is the perfect size. I am still trying to install a couple of ebook software now. The hardest thing is quick copy of books. I finally just took out the memory card and copied that way. I will be sending you a personal message to talk about a couple of things if that is okay.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote