Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #31
konagirl63
konagirl63 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
konagirl and skyhawk, welcome to mobileread.

You know about the free books here, right?

You'd want the mobipocket format.

Enjoy.
Thank you for the welcome. Thanks for the information. No I did not know we could get free books here I will look around more. Thanks again.

Maria
konagirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #32
TheMadBrewer
Connoisseur
TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura Limited Edition, Kindle Voyager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
I'm amazed at how many people think this.

With a paperback, there is wear and tear. With a digital copy, there would be no difference between a used or new copy. Why would anybody pay more if you could buy a used copy for cheaper or chip in a dollar and start a book train with multiple people?
ebooks are generally cheaper than dead-tree books -- part of this is the reduced cost of production (i.e. no dead trees) but I view part is I've also given up the resale value of the book (not that I ever do ). Its sort of like leasing a car vs buying it outright -- it is "yours" but you just can't do with it want you want.
TheMadBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #33
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
It would be nice if Amazon provided and indication if the person reviewing an item actually purchased the item. With that said, I can also see where reviews by K1 owners, or Sony/(other ereader) owners, that have decided not to upgrade/switch can have relavent opinions.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by detacht69 View Post
I'm with the parrot, people shouldn't knock the product because of the media.
Without the media, the product is almost useless.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #35
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
I personally haven't heard anything bad about the Kindle unless the person is against ebook readers in general.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #36
Erik
Awesome Member
Erik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
The only thing that bothers me about the DRM is when the DRM servers go offline 5+ years from now.
That being said
Considering I only read most books only once then stow them away, just the the reduction in bulk alone is worth the annoyance of DRM.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #37
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
That being said Considering I only read most books only once then stow them away, just the the reduction in bulk alone is worth the annoyance of DRM.
Same here. Either way I'm paying for something I'll read once, and with the Kindle at least I don't have a book gathering dust that I have to find room, lug around everytime I move, or donate/sell.

I'm big on convenience, so I'll take that over any DRM issues that largely won't affect me anyway.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote