Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-04-2024, 09:38 AM   #31
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Tried a wee experiment, just changing line 5 above from Translator to Author.

Then both creators show up in Calibre, as 'Karin Smirnoff & Sarah Death'. Both can then be modified/deleted as desired.

Something about the Translator role that causes Calibre to ignore it?
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:53 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not manage non author creators in epub files, since it has no concept of non-author creators. As for the kobo showing it as an author, you'd have to ask the kobo developers why they do that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2024, 10:00 AM   #33
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

Kovid, thanks for confirming.

Guess I'll just stick with Sigil as a workaround in these rare cases (1 in ~1000 books to date).
Old 01-04-2024, 10:47 AM   #34
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@w00dentop - this calibre plugin may be relevant ==>> ePub Extended Metadata

I have never used it, but something here triggered one of my functioning synapses into reminding me of its existence, the author is still active so it should be working.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 07:33 AM   #35
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@w00dentop - this calibre plugin may be relevant ==>> ePub Extended Metadata

I have never used it, but something here triggered one of my functioning synapses into reminding me of its existence, the author is still active so it should be working.
BR
Thank you very much. I've installed it and had a quick play around. Pretty confusing to be honest, so I probably need to spend more time and ask a few questions on that plugin thread.
Advert