Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #31
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
You can order the trifold from this place and have it shipped to the US.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...over.3348.html

they seem to be out of stock all the time.

Also here : http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...-33661247.html

they are in stock. I'm thinking about getting one as well.
The whsmith site won't let me enter a US address. It asks for a postal code, and will not accept my zip code. It won't let me change the country from the UK

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #32
darktower
darktower began at the beginning.

Device: SONY 505
I just got my tri-fold case today,and i have to say it is the best case for the reader.It feels so secure and safe in there plus it looks slick.Im replacing the lightwedge case since i found out it can damage the reader,so i put that aside and wont be using it and really do regret buying it since i never really used it.

but

TRI FOLD feels so much comfortable and secure.I highly recommend you buy this cover!!
darktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #33
Scotch
Enthusiast
Scotch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kindle
I don't understand why this isn't sold by Sony US?
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #34
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I must say I am thrilled so many are getting this and loving it as much as I do. I just wished they did them in other colours.
I now also have the red reader but can't get one for that as the orange would clash badly. So that one lives in a dvd tin in original cover. My silver still lives in the tri-fold cover, i love it so much, comfortable to read with and so secure when shut.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #35
sharring
sharring began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Does this have the same plastic hinge/fastening arrangement as the 2 fold cover ?

I have had 2 of these covers in the space of a month and the plastic has broke on both occasions so I am looking for an alternative.
sharring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #36
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
It seems odd that you've broken two recently...when you put the book into the case, or remove the book, do you pry the end up with your finger nail? The directions from Sony say that you should do this. I remove my cover very frequently and have never had a problem. If you are just snapping it in or out, I can easily see you you could break a cover.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #37
sharring
sharring began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
No it's not when I'm taking the reader in or out it's with general usage.

From what I gather from other post in this forum I am not alone in this, I guess it must be the weight of the reader.

I was wondering if the extra fold would support the reader on the right hand side and would take some of the strain.
sharring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #38
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
yes the cover would support the reader on the right side too, as its not open it will rest on the right fold, so I would imagine you wouldn't have the same problem as this case is much more protective........though I have never had one break on me yet, I imagine it may break if removed a lot but not with general use....
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #39
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
I don't understand why this isn't sold by Sony US?
Neither do I!!!!!
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #40
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Going to be snarky but now the Americans know how the rest of the world feels when we go to a web site, find something fantastic, and are unable to buy it because the company does not want to sell it out of the country. Or if they do, they charge obscene amounts for shipping, totally out of touch with actual shipping charges.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #41
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
Going to be snarky but now the Americans know how the rest of the world feels when we go to a web site, find something fantastic, and are unable to buy it because the company does not want to sell it out of the country. Or if they do, they charge obscene amounts for shipping, totally out of touch with actual shipping charges.
Touche

How does the 505 fit in the tri-fold?
Is it the same process as the original cover with the plastic hinges?
I like the original cover but I'd like more protection for my new baby.

I'm also wondering if anyone uses a refillable journal cover
and if so, what size?

I love the Oberon covers but they only make them for the Kindles
currently. I emailed them about the possibility of 505 covers and they
replied that they were "thinking about it".

I might end up getting the Sony Premium cover as that has
the sections for sd card, etc behind the reader instead
of the front (as the m-edge covers do). But I'd prefer a cover
that can be closed completely or have some latch to keep it closed.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #42
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
How does the 505 fit in the tri-fold?
Is it the same process as the original cover with the plastic hinges?
I like the original cover but I'd like more protection for my new baby.
Yes, the 505 fits in the tri-fold in the same way. My 505 is very comfy and secure in the tri-fold, all the sides are protected and the cover flaps secure with magnets. I fold the flaps back when I read.

Quote:
I'm also wondering if anyone uses a refillable journal cover
and if so, what size?
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there is a discussion about the At-A-Glance Journal Cover in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36710

Hope you find something that works for you!

Last edited by Curly; 02-15-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #43
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Thanks for your reply, Curly.
I appreciate it!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #44
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Whee! I finally found a tri-fold for sale on ebay, that ships to the US! The hinge just broke on the standard cover for my 505 (Waah! I am going to miss the BLUE cover!) and I've been wanting a tri-fold anyways... Since I had to buy a new cover, I searched again, and it came up on ebay! I'm very happy. I hope it arrives soon. I'm traveling in 2 1/2 weeks, and I really don't want to shlep it with a broken cover... that would be scary!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote