Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #31
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
*bump*
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #32
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
*bump*
Funny you should do that. I was watching this again earlier this morning. And rereading part of Gitanjali (a book of poems that the music is sung to). Good Nate!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i never get tired of watching that. now i'm sitting here grinning like an idiot at my screen. i should make that into my internet home page and start every day with a smile.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #34
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i never get tired of watching that. now i'm sitting here grinning like an idiot at my screen. i should make that into my internet home page and start every day with a smile.
Me too.

You know, there is an Apple commercial (for the iPhone) that uses music that is so similar to Praan, that I find myself humming it whenever the commercial comes on.

It's not exactly the same, but close enough to be one hell of a rip off.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #35
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Thanks for sharing the video! I coudn't help smiling as a watched!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #36
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Thanks for that bump. I hadn't seen it before now. I LOVE it
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #37
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I noticed in his online journal that he's published a book now.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Whe...2396524/?itm=1

Unfortunately he hasn't published it as an ebook because it has over 100 pictures.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #38
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
now THAT was amazing. thanks so much for sharing that video I had a smile on my face the whole time. I guess it dosen't matter who you are or where you go we all have the love of dancing and sharing good times
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #39
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
That was amazing! I loved the fact that he danced the same dance in all the same places. With one very simple little jig, he showed how alike we all really are, regardless of all the differences. That's similar to how I feel about the posters here on MobileRead!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #40
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
With one very simple little jig, he showed how alike we all really are, regardless of all the differences.
Technically I don't think he did prove that we are all alike.

As a someone with an allergy to dancing in all it's forms (it makes me feel ) I feel a bit disenfranchised.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #41
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
That was amazing! I loved the fact that he danced the same dance in all the same places. With one very simple little jig, he showed how alike we all really are, regardless of all the differences. That's similar to how I feel about the posters here on MobileRead! ;)

what, how, me , pshrynk and marc are similar !!! gulp ....

VR , Ricky and desertGrandma are similar !!!!

DixieGal , LazyScot and Verencat gulp ....

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #42
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
As a someone with an allergy to dancing in all it's forms (it makes me feel ) I feel a bit disenfranchised.
All forms? Have you really tried them all out?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #43
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
All forms? Have you really tried them all out?
hmmm; let me think - yes ... yes, I have.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #44
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
what, how, me , pshrynk and marc are similar !!! gulp ....

VR , Ricky and desertGrandma are similar !!!!

DixieGal , LazyScot and Verencat gulp ....

Under the skin and gender not with standing, YES, we are all alike. We may have different interests, hobbies, even languages and come from different sides of the planet but in the long run we can all come together to share our delight in ereading. In other words, the differences just don't matter. You can connect with people in spite of them. That's a very good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Technically I don't think he did prove that we are all alike.

I don't even have two left feet. I have two dead feet! But, I liked the fact that he seemed to be celebrating life no matter how badly he danced (actually, I didn't think it was bad, I though it was kind of cute, besides, who says you have to dance like a professional to have a good time) and sharing it with people all over the world. I found it quite romantic.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #45
Sparrow
Wizard

Quote:
I liked the fact that he seemed to be celebrating life no matter how badly he danced (actually, I didn't think it was bad, I though it was kind of cute, besides, who says you have to dance like a professional to have a good time) and sharing it with people all over the world.
Yes, you're right! I'm a terrible old cynic, but I must admit he did a good job, and deserves a lot of credit - and given pleasure to a lot of people. So hats off to him .

Quote:
I found it quite romantic.
Yeah, I wouldn't go quite that far.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment