Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What do we call this guy?
Taylor514ce 1 2.94%
@55h013 0 0%
Taylor 3 8.82%
PlanetHead 1 2.94%
Death Plane 0 0%
Leaden Path 1 2.94%
Dental Heap 0 0%
Marvin 8 23.53%
WD-40 5 14.71%
T 1 2.94%
Gimboo 0 0%
42 2 5.88%
Karma Whore (or KH) 2 5.88%
Mozzler of Emotifaction (Moe!) 4 11.76%
The blue one, next to the fish. 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #31
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Now I understand why polls never work. So at this particular interval, it appears my informal casual nickname will be Sir Adrian Rappaport. I was so hoping for "Moe". Let's see how it progresses.

I "knew" an Australian girl once (Shelia, right?). I was in Junior High and she was a High School foreign exchange student, with what I thought was the most delightful name, Janalayne Hack.

Are you out there, Janalayne? Certain memories from my youth are oft-reviewed, so that when I'm an old, cold, lonely man I can drape myself in their warmth. I can still trace in the air the pattern of the freckles between your fragrant breasts, and that delicate tracery, like the passes of a conjurer's wand, transports me yet.

She walks on Bondi Beach,
a new moon of sand -
her footsteps soon wash away.
The rolling surf will not erase
her passage through my dreams.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-03-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post

I "knew" an Australian girl once (Shelia, right?).
So , that's the biblical " knew " ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Now I understand why polls never work. So at this particular interval, it appears my informal casual nickname will be Sir Adrian Rappaport. Let's see how it progresses.
actually i beleive it would be "His Majesty, Sir Adrian Rappaport."

if i've been following along properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
damn, that's what i was going to say.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #34
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
actually i beleive it would be "His Majesty, Sir Adrian Rappaport."
His " Esteemed Divine Majesty , Sir Adrian Rappaport "
Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #35
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
( No subliminals in this post ) vr
Caught me!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #36
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Caught me!
I felt the hairs , at the back of my knee , lift , when I read your post ...
Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #37
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Mind if we call you Bruce, just to avoid confusion?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #38
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Mind if we call you Bruce, just to avoid confusion?
As in "Big Bad Bruce"?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #39
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
As in the Philosophy department of the University of Woolagong.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #40
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I was thinking of the Professor of Psychoceramics.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
rule six : there is NO rule six !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #42
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I "knew" an Australian girl once (Shelia, right?). ...
[ahem] That would be "sheila", right? (you chauvinist pig, you ).

An exerpt from a little skit on The Fast Show...

[Carl Hooper - 'Strayun stereotope, a bit Croc' Hunter and a bit Croc' Dundee - is interviewing a lesbian feminist professor on Gender Studies, and after making rude jokes about her for quite some time, she storms out]

Prof. Jane Pauler: You are a textbook example of a male chauvist, latent homosexual neanderthal man!

Carl: Well, that's what being Australian is all about!

Quote:

She walks on Bondi Beach,
a new moon of sand -
her footsteps soon wash away.
The rolling surf will not erase
her passage through my dreams.
You make backpacker love and a sandy crack sound so beautiful.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #43
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
That would be "Wollongong", Bruce.

Rule Number 1: NO POOFTERS!

Cheers,
Bruce
Old 05-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #44
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ahh, a colloquialism opportunity....

"Knew her? She banged like a dunny door in a gale!"

Cheers,
Marc (spoiling the mood; sorry, Adrian )

Last edited by montsnmags; 05-03-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:16 AM   #45
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Ahh, a colloquialism opportunity....

"Knew her? She banged like a dunny door in a gale!"

Cheers,
Marc (spoiling the mood; sorry, Adrian )
Don't ya mean a colloquialismic opportunity ..

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness