Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #31
marioc4387
marioc4387 began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
Sorry for my ignorance guys, but even though I've been reading this forum since January I still can't get any concrete info on how to reset my Iliad. Could someone please tell me how to do it?
I downloaded the corrupt DP and installed it on my 2.12 Iliadyesterday, so now I need to reformat my device to try with the new DP.

Thanks in advance,

Mario.
marioc4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #32
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
See here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17343
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #33
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
...and you also need this information!

Otherwise the iLiad's registry won't get overwritten, I suppose?!

Dirk
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #34
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiDirk View Post
...and you also need this information!

Otherwise the iLiad's registry won't get overwritten, I suppose?!

Dirk
Thanks for pointing that out. I've added a section to that tutorial explaining how to format.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #35
marioc4387
marioc4387 began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
Thanks a lot guys !! I'm going to start working on it right now and see what happens.

Regards,
Mario
marioc4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #36
brxrvw
brxrvw began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Well Adam B., that was impressive! And thanks a million.

It works for me now as well, except I went the long route (ignorance), and reflashed with 'cf-card-contents.zip'. This unfortunately contains 2.10 and thus had to first get the 2.12 upgrade from iDS. But the Developer Package downloaded, and installed after that, with mrxvt 0.4 working fine.

Wonder why iRex did not update the 'cf-card-contents.zip' to the latest version!?

Cheers.
brxrvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #37
Alcuith
Enthusiast
Alcuith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Iliad, Cool-er
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiDirk View Post
Yes, things worked out fine.

I was quite nervous having delayed firmware upgrade for a while,
sending away a perfect working iLiad... just to read shell access got broken!

Thanks to Adam B. that got fixed while it was away!

And - sorry - but I'm convinced you have to reformat your iLiad
because the registry won't get replaced any other way!

Hope you're back with shell access soon!

Dirk
That's definitely the problem and solution. Reflash using format option to 2.10. Download 2.12 again and request developer access and download that package.
Checked the mrxvt and it's all working again.
Thanks guys.
Alcuith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #38
godidog
Iliadist
godidog began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad (broken screen fixed after 3 months), Treo
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by brxrvw View Post
Well Adam B., that was impressive! And thanks a million.
Seconded !

Quote:
Wonder why iRex did not update the 'cf-card-contents.zip' to the latest version!?
Wonder why iRex hand zip, nada, nothing to say about this problem. Until Adam solved it, that is.

Disappointing service to their community, IMHO.
godidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #39
kinetic
kinetic began at the beginning.

Device: none currently
AdamB should Be contracted

Thanks to AdamB and Irex for releasing the new DP I also have shell access from my 2.12 Iliad.

AdamB you rule and really know your business. If it wasn't for you I guess we all should be waiting for Mat come from China to solve this..

Anyway why doesn't Irex contract you ??

It puzzles me !

Regards,

Kinetic.
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #40
Ender2008
Ender2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
After reformating

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
Thanks to AdamB and Irex for releasing the new DP I also have shell access from my 2.12 Iliad.

AdamB you rule and really know your business. If it wasn't for you I guess we all should be waiting for Mat come from China to solve this..

Anyway why doesn't Irex contract you ??

It puzzles me !

Regards,

Kinetic.
Hi!

I had the same problem with the v 2.12.
I did reformat but now when I connect to IDS it stop the download with an error : Te downloaded file is corrupt: fs.gz

I tried many times...
Any ideas?

Thanks
Ender2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #41
felonius
felonius began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender2008 View Post
Hi!

I had the same problem with the v 2.12.
I did reformat but now when I connect to IDS it stop the download with an error : Te downloaded file is corrupt: fs.gz

I tried many times...
Any ideas?

Thanks
First, I wanted to thank Adam for his help on this one. I reformatted and life is good again, I even got the developer kit, and was able to use mxrvt. It's been a crazy day, so I haven't had any time to try anything else, but I at least know that that much is working.

Ender. I had the same problem at first, too. I... Actually solved it by using a wired connection to do my updates... At least, that's what worked for me.
felonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:03 AM   #42
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
I have to thanks Adam as well, thanks to him now i can use the Iliad to the fullest and everything is ok.

I too think Irex should employ you.

Regards,

Jose
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #43
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by godidog View Post
Wonder why iRex hand zip, nada, nothing to say about this problem. Until Adam solved it, that is.

Disappointing service to their community, IMHO.
iRex's lead developer is out of town, and did not have access to debug this. He was notified by tech support of the problem. Since I was able to find out what the problem was, he could easily fix it on their server. I guess that's one of the perils of being a small company...

I don't do enough quality work for the iLiad to be employed by them, that and I'm not a very good programmer. I'm just happy to help the community wherever I can.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #44
godidog
Iliadist
godidog began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad (broken screen fixed after 3 months), Treo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
iRex's lead developer is out of town, and did not have access to debug this. He was notified by tech support of the problem. Since I was able to find out what the problem was, he could easily fix it on their server. I guess that's one of the perils of being a small company....
I think that simply ignoring a problem one cannot immediately fix is incorrect behaviour.
Posting a simple "We are aware of a problem with Shell Access, and will fix it ASAP" would have been professional and courteous, and would have saved many people's time.

Thanks once again to Adam B for the debugging.
godidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #45
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Their lead developer did post a message while he was out of town saying that he had been informed of the problem and would look into it as soon as he got back (from what I've seen he's the only one that works on the developer package). Once Adam gave him the specifics though, he was able to resolve the issue remotely and got it working while he was still away (on vacation?).

I don't know about you, but I would consider that pretty good support. As Adam said, they're a small company and don't have the resources to cover a situation like this. It's not like they're Microsoft or IBM and have a whole team of developers who can fix an issue right away. I think their developer getting it working while he was out of town was pretty nice of him.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote