Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #31
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ sorry for breaking the layout of the forum...Stupid Photobucket pic resize is a fail...

I will correct and re-up soon...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #32
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Oooh err. What's the green on black text like for prolonged reading sessions?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #33
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Oooh err. What's the green on black text like for prolonged reading sessions?
It's fantastic, especially at night. Backlit screens aren't as bad for your eyes as the conventional wisdom used to be, you just don't want WHITE light glaring on them, especially while they're trying to wind down. Green on black is my go-to color scheme for all times of day, though. I wish I had amoled to reap the power benefits of it.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #34
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
It's fantastic, especially at night. Backlit screens aren't as bad for your eyes as the conventional wisdom used to be, you just don't want WHITE light glaring on them, especially while they're trying to wind down. Green on black is my go-to color scheme for all times of day, though. I wish I had amoled to reap the power benefits of it.
Cool. It just reminds me of old CRT screens, which is a bit of an old-fashioned look. Maybe it's better in reality?
Old 06-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #35
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Exactly. I am old school with the tech. Green on black is indeed easy on my eyes. The K3 is my primary ereader, but occasionally i am using the Tab.

Best part about the tab and fbreader is that brightness can be easily controlled. Swipe on the left vertical of the screen and i can reduce the brightness to my liking.

Still, prolonged I think I would go with K3 but i have done hours with green on black on my Blackberry's through the years.

And those screens were TINY! lol
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #36
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Cool. It just reminds me of old CRT screens, which is a bit of an old-fashioned look. Maybe it's better in reality?
That's my take. My old Palm m500 had a monochrome screen with a snazzy green backlight that wasn't always on, made for great night-reading, and when I upgraded to color mobiles, I've always found that more comfortable than default white on black.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #37
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

^ buddy, you and me are the same on this I have ditched PDA/BB ereading apps that didn't offer color options.

First thing i do with color screens for ereading is green on black
Old 06-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #38
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Still, prolonged I think I would go with K3 but i have done hours with green on black on my Blackberry's through the years.

And those screens were TINY! lol
I read on my BB when I have nothing else to hand, but only as a last resort.

Maybe the Kindle Color will have the green on black option .

Last edited by orlok; 06-26-2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #39
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

lol from your lips to some deities ears my friend

Man, I have read sooo much on my Blackberry, Mobipocket was great, though load times slow...
Old 06-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #40
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Nice tablet. It is Android like my Samsung Replenish phone, yes? Which device do you like reading on best?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #42
orlok
Close to the Edit!

@AnemicOak - do you read them all at the same time
Old 06-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #43
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
AnemicOak, is that a Sony Walkman MP3 in there? Lestatar and AnemicOak, How is the Galaxy for a PC replacement? Does it have word processing?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #44
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
AnemicOak, is that a Sony Walkman MP3 in there?
no, I think it's the 2nd-gen iPod nano.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #45
Marseille
Guru

Nice collection AO