Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #31
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Mmmm, Christmas is coming and if any of you lucky people are wondering what you should get me...
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #32
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
I read about this promotion in the Shelf Awareness newsletter today and tried to order the new Pocket reader with case from the Borders website. When I entered the code POCKETCOVER however I got a message that it had expired. I called a Borders rep but he had no information about the promotion.
I would love to have a lighted cover also--I think it's a must for an e-ink device especially since most of the time I have for reading is after hours. In fact, I find myself reading on the Ipod touch with the Kindle app a lot more than the Kindle because of the lighting issue.
Go to ABT.com. They are still running the special and are quite straightforward about it. Just make sure you match up a Pocket Reader and Pocket Cover and not get a Touch Cover by mistake. The choice listings don't always match up perfectly. I ordered a 650 and free cover last week from there thanks to somebody posting the info earlier in this thread.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #33
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
I ordered my 650 from Sony Style. I called back and asked them to price match the Borders offer. At first they said yes, but send a copy of the advertisement. Later they said no, it was a "bundle" promotion and they would not price match. But....they would offer a $50 credit. (?) Any way I drove over to Borders bought the lighted cover and my reader looks great the light works great and everyone is happy.
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #34
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post
Yes, it is awesome!

It is the official Sony Lighted cover for the 650, usually priced $49.99. You can see it here: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...ab=featuresTab
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:19 AM   #35
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Whoo-Hoo! I just ordered mine from Vanns, with the same deal.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #36
Yaakov
Yaakov doesn't litterYaakov doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC
For all you fence-sitters out there...

Its not too late!!

My wife just bought me the PRS-650 today (10/31) in Flint MI and used the coupon code to get the free light cover. The code still worked at the store.

Yaakov is offline   Reply With Quote