Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #31
Leanne
Leanne began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
hiaig -

Again, thanks for your help! After a re-boot I was able to reach the Kobo website and download the books.

Has anyone had success downloading Angry Birds and successfully play it on their Pocketbook?

Hopefully, as I progress in my learning I will be able to contribute to this formum in the future!
Leanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #32
Leanne

So the books downloaded from Kobo but I can't find them in any directories. As well, when I power off the Pocketbook and re-boot when I click the Kobo icon, it starts downloading the books again! If the wifi isn't turned on obviously it won't download them. Shouldn't these books be downloaded to a directory and shouldn't need an internet connection to download them??

Can I read them with Aldiko? If so, how?
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
So the books downloaded from Kobo but I can't find them in any directories. As well, when I power off the Pocketbook and re-boot when I click the Kobo icon, it starts downloading the books again! If the wifi isn't turned on obviously it won't download them. Shouldn't these books be downloaded to a directory and shouldn't need an internet connection to download them??

Can I read them with Aldiko? If so, how?
I can only speak about the free books from Kobo as I have not purchased any books from them.

You need to sign into kobo.com website (NOT your kobo desktop application). From there, you can download the epub version of your books.

You transfer these books onto a folder on your sd card (ie. /books).

At the home screen > setting, About DRM, you enter your Adobe ID, this is your email address and password that you signed up with Adobe.

You use Aldiko (version 2.0 <-- support DRM supposedly) to import these ebooks.

Theoretically, this should work but as I said, I did not buy anything from kobo.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #34
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
hiaig -
Has anyone had success downloading Angry Birds and successfully play it on their Pocketbook?

Does not look like it. See post 61:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=116736&page=5

Cheers
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #35
Leanne

So, do I have this correct?

- I downloaded the Kobo ereader app (com.kobobooks.android.apk)
- Then I sign into the Kobo.com website (NOT the app above) and download the epub versions

I'm not sure what you mean "at the home screen" Is this the Pocketbook home screen?

Do I have to installed Above Digital Editions? (I do have an Adobe ID)

How do you import the epub books into Aldiko?
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #36
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
So, do I have this correct?

- I downloaded the Kobo ereader app (com.kobobooks.android.apk)
- Then I sign into the Kobo.com website (NOT the app above) and download the epub versions

I'm not sure what you mean "at the home screen" Is this the Pocketbook home screen?

Do I have to installed Above Digital Editions? (I do have an Adobe ID)

How do you import the epub books into Aldiko?
No need to install ADE

1. Go to the kobo website on the computer. <-- you can do this on your IQ, make sure you use the browser and NOT the Kobo app. Just take longer and you need to know where your epubs are downloaded.

2. Download the epub onto the your computer.

3. Transfer the epub into a book directory on your SD card

4. Open up your Aldiko (version 2 b/c that supposedly handles DRM)

4a. if you can't get to Aldiko b/c you don't have market, get a copy from Scion's dropbox (post 5) here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117162

5. Install Aldiko and run it.

6a. Press the menu button (left button at the bottom) to get to the Home Screen,

6b. Press the menu button again to get to Settings

6c. Tap Settings to get to Adobe DRM

6d. Tap Adobe DRM and enter your email and password that you signed up with Adobe Digital.

7. Tap the return button (right button to go back to the home screen) you can go to your SD card, go the epub books, tap it.

8. You have a choice of open it up or import it, I always import.

9. Your ebooks now is stored in the "ebooks" folder created by Aldiko.

If Aldiko v 2 does not work, you may have to root to change your Android verstion to at least 2.1

As stated, not sure about DRM books, but it worked fine when I imported the free books from Kobo.

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-21-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #37
Leanne

Okay...I went to the Kobo website on my PC and downloaded the epubs and transferred them to the SD card.

I have Aldiko loaded (Version 102131) and it is running successfully. However, when I go into Setting as you stated, I do not have Adobe DRM anywhere.

As well, what is the Kobo app on the Pocketbook for???
Old 01-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #38
Leanne

Also, I decided to delete the existing Aldiko app and found Version 2, however, when I try to install it on the Pocketbook I get an error message, "There is a problem parsing the package"

I'm almost ready to send this thing back!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #39
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Also, I decided to delete the existing Aldiko app and found Version 2, however, when I try to install it on the Pocketbook I get an error message, "There is a problem parsing the package"

I'm almost ready to send this thing back!!!
You need to root the device because Aldiko 2 works on Android 2.1

Cheers
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #40
Leanne

Aldiko issues....

I loaded epub books into Aldiko on my Pocketbook no problem and they show up fine. However, when I power down and start up again, the books are there but in multiple copies the same book! They will all open too.

Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #41
a_shah2
a_shah2 began at the beginning.

Device: IQ 701
Arrow USB Converter

Hi folks, Would anyone know what kind of USB converter would fi into 701. One end should go to pocketbook and another end can be used to plug in a pen drive.
Also with that converter is it possible to run internet using data card? Plz assist..
a_shah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #42
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_shah2 View Post
Hi folks, Would anyone know what kind of USB converter would fi into 701. One end should go to pocketbook and another end can be used to plug in a pen drive.
Also with that converter is it possible to run internet using data card? Plz assist..
The IQ USB port is client only, not host-capable. So it can't access storage on other devices; all it can do is expose its storage to a host PC.

The only way to access the internet is via WiFi.
If you don't have a router or need mobile access, you would need a cellphone with WiFi tethering or one of these type of devices:
http://www.computerworld.com.au/arti...i_mifi_router/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #43
GUdrus
GUdrus began at the beginning.

Device: none
If I have no access to WiFi, can I download all Android applications through my PC and then just put them into the IQ through Bluetooth?
GUdrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #44
hoghead3
hoghead3 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
I have a 16 gb class 6 sd card in my IQ and video works fine. I have also replaced my internal 2gb memory with a 8gb class 6 micro sd card and it works fine. I got my sd card from Walmart on line for $25, and my 6gb micro sd from Amazon.com for $20.
hoghead3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #45
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUdrus View Post
If I have no access to WiFi, can I download all Android applications through my PC and then just put them into the IQ through Bluetooth?
The IQ has no Bluetooth.
You *can* however, copy the files to an SD card.
That is, in fact, the recommended procedure for most useful apps.
(Slideme has its uses but its catalog is thin in the most useful Apps.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote