Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio View Post
When I exucute kobopach it starts and close ... how to add code ?
Open the kobopatch.bat file with a text editor and add the pause as the last line in the file. You can also delete the log.txt file in the out directory and run kobopatch.bat which will give you a log of that session only. That can be posted here either in the message but please, wrap in in spoiler tags (the eye with the X icon) or as a file attachment

Code:
@echo off
cd /D "%~dp0"
erase "out/KoboRoot.tgz" >nul 2>&1
"./bin/koboptch-windows.exe"
pause
Also note that selecting all the options can cause errors since some of the options are mutually exclusive.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #32
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
I want to use "text-rendering optimizeLegibility" and "Make KePub font sizes match ePub font sizes" from KePub stylesheet additions patch.

Either one works by itself, but selecting both, just crashes command window.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2021, 01:01 PM   #33
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Open the kobopatch.bat file with a text editor and add the pause as the last line in the file. You can also delete the log.txt file in the out directory and run kobopatch.bat which will give you a log of that session only. That can be posted here either in the message but please, wrap in in spoiler tags (the eye with the X icon) or as a file attachment

Code:
@echo off
cd /D "%~dp0"
erase "out/KoboRoot.tgz" >nul 2>&1
"./bin/koboptch-windows.exe"
pause
Also note that selecting all the options can cause errors since some of the options are mutually exclusive.
I am going to add a message box on Windows for the next kobopatch version since doing this every time is getting kind of ridiculous.

https://github.com/pgaskin/kobopatch/issues/35

Last edited by geek1011; 03-11-2021 at 01:06 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #34
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
I want to use "text-rendering optimizeLegibility" and "Make KePub font sizes match ePub font sizes" from KePub stylesheet additions patch.

Either one works by itself, but selecting both, just crashes command window.
You can't enable both those options simultaneously in the KePub stylesheet additions patch. Enable the "text-rendering optimizeLegibility" option only.

To have font-sizes match for both epub and kepub also enable patch ePub uniform font scale which is also found in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:49 AM   #35
skymix
skymix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O Edition 2 Version 2
Why after upgrade my kobo H20 2 Ed2 and apply the patch the section my books are showing the icons on the folders plus the ebooks?

How could i override the show of the icons in the My Books Section?

Thanks a lot!
skymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2021, 06:01 AM   #36
skymix
skymix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O Edition 2 Version 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymix View Post
Why after upgrade my kobo H20 2 Ed2 and apply the patch the section my books are showing the icons on the folders plus the ebooks?

How could i override the show of the icons in the My Books Section?

Thanks a lot!
I have found my mistake:

I have lost the config on my Kobo.conf:

[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)

Thanks!
skymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:49 PM   #37
nishalc
nishalc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra h20
footnote font size?

Hi, I've had a look through all the patches but couldn't find what I was after -
is there a way to alter the font size of the footnotes (where you click on a little number and it brings up a popup)?

Thanks!
nishalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:33 PM   #38
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishalc View Post
a way to alter the font size of the footnotes (where you click on a little number and it brings up a popup)?
Yep, take the patch here.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:09 AM   #39
nishalc
nishalc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra h20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Yep, take the patch here.
Ah thanks! Just to confirm is it the first chunk of code - do I just need to copy this into one of the .yaml files (and follow usual instructions) to get it installed?
nishalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:20 AM   #40
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
test Pop-up footnote main text font-size:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: |
        Change pop-up footnote main text font-size
        fw 4.20.14601 CSS moved to libnickel.so.1.0.0 from nickel???
        Daylight: %1 = 42 ???
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "p { font-size: %1px; line-height: 1.4em; }"
      Replace: "p { font-size: 34px; line-height: 1.4em; }"
      MustMatchLength: yes
You need to change the number marked in red to achieve the size you want.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:57 PM   #41
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
What patch should I enable to remove the "Discover" button at Home's lower section? I have no need to see anything about Kobo Store or Kobo wishlist or Kobo points or Kobo rewards or Kobo Recommendations.

I already enabled
Quote:
Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks:
- Enabled: yes
But I still see Discover.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:16 PM   #42
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
What patch should I enable to remove the "Discover" button at Home's lower section?
Short answer: There isn't one in the published kobopatch pack.

Longer answer: There are no immediate plans to add one as we wish to avoid annoying Kobo. Quote from @geek1011's GitHub site:
Quote:
We generally avoid touching stuff to do with the store itself, or to do with OverDrive/Dropbox/etc. Sorry about that.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #43
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Short answer: There isn't one in the published kobopatch pack.

Longer answer: There are no immediate plans to add one as we wish to avoid annoying Kobo. Quote from @geek1011's GitHub site:
Regarding libnickel, would "Change Browse Kobo home screen link target (to either Activity or Articles) change the label from "Discover" to either of those?

Last edited by Skydog; 03-20-2021 at 03:34 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:39 PM   #44
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Regarding libnickel, would "Change Browse Kobo home screen link target (to either Activity or Articles) change the label from "Discover" to either of those?
Can remove and change it (is a simple patch), but since Kobo receives the main income from the sale of books, that is, from its store, such patches will not be added, in order to avoid...

It is written in plain text above.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:20 PM   #45
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
If anyone can PM me the way to remove discover from the home page, I would appreciate it. My property - my wishes
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching