Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #31
Miss_Fletcher
Miss_Fletcher began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I'm so in, and I'm excited. It's my first time doing NaNo, and I think it'll give me a reason to install some discipline to my writing.

jaxx6166 - I like option 1.
Miss_Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #32
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I had planned to be a "Nano Rebel" this year, continuing my WIP and just posting my word production. But I might have just written the last story for the WIP collection, so I've spent the past couple-three days plotting a horror novel to start writing on Monday.

So much for rebelling.

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #33
bthrowsnaill
Dreamer
bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I am making a nano-commitment to complete NaNoWriMo. I'm pretty sure that means that I am .0000001 % committed to completing it.
bthrowsnaill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #34
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've got a rough idea of my plot and have some 12 scenes plotted out so far plus some ideas for the ending. I even came up with a cover image for my book this year.
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/207217
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #35
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
The servers are already bogged down Less than 4 hours til I fall off the face of the earth, are yall excited or what
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #36
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good Luck Everyone!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #37
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
It got a mention on the tail end of Radio 4's Today programme, with Frederick Forsyth and Ian Rankin talking about it!

Don't know if this will be available to those outside the UK:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today...00/9145937.stm
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #38
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Good Luck Everyone!

thank you ...

me thinks this is an exercise in finding 25 words that would ordinarily be replaced by just the one

Early days and I'm well in - possibly the hare at the moment - dreading to think how it's all going to come crashing down (and I don't mean scrivener ). At the current state of affairs this will be a novel so full of drivel and waffle that the edit afterwards will probably remove at least 50% of it!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #39
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSpalding View Post
Pfft. 50,000 words in a month?

Piece of cake
Yep... typing 60 words per minute, you can do it in less than half an hour per day or under 14 hours to complete the challenge...

Last edited by lene1949; 11-02-2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: spelling
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #40
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting. Thanks for posting the link. I had no trouble accessing it and I'm in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
It got a mention on the tail end of Radio 4's Today programme, with Frederick Forsyth and Ian Rankin talking about it!

Don't know if this will be available to those outside the UK:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today...00/9145937.stm
Old 11-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #41
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Am!!!! Where have you been? Will you be playing with us again this year?
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #42
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I've been hiding

And, erm, it's two days in and I haven't started, so I might sit this one out!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #43
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Mee too.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #44
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Oddly enough I'm actually ahead of my minimum word count at the moment. 3,341 words altogether so far. Only just over the minimum, but every little bit helps. Last year I got off to a late start and still ended up with 50,074 words written by the 28th so it is possible to catch up if you push yourself enough and have enough word wars of course.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #45
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Oddly enough I'm actually ahead of my minimum word count at the moment. 3,341 words altogether so far. Only just over the minimum, but every little bit helps. Last year I got off to a late start and still ended up with 50,074 words written by the 28th so it is possible to catch up if you push yourself enough and have enough word wars of course.
Good on you! I can type fast, but have no words to put on the screen... I am so useless..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote