Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #31
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
That did not work with our kitty; only hiding it worked. And then of course there is the kleenex box, that was hours of fun when we would be at work. And then there was the turning on of the water faucet in the kitchen and we cannot forget the turning on of the oven. The two cats tried to flood the house and then tried to burn down the house. After that this house was completely cat proofed.
Ah,well, in this house I am lucky in that each toilet is in a tiny room off of the bathroom .... so I can keep those doors closed, which I do.

I have built a cover for the stove, so the cats can't turn that on anymore. Of course, it also means I cannot actually use the stove, but that's what microwaves are for ... right??

All of the electrical outlets are covered with plastic boxes. That was how a couple of mine tried to burn the house down .... by peeing into the outlets. That started a really kick ass electrical fire.

I'm still working on cat proofing projects. Everytime I think I have something well and truly cat proofed, they find a work around.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #32
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Ah,well, in this house I am lucky in that each toilet is in a tiny room off of the bathroom .... so I can keep those doors closed, which I do.

I have built a cover for the stove, so the cats can't turn that on anymore. Of course, it also means I cannot actually use the stove, but that's what microwaves are for ... right??

All of the electrical outlets are covered with plastic boxes. That was how a couple of mine tried to burn the house down .... by peeing into the outlets. That started a really kick ass electrical fire.

I'm still working on cat proofing projects. Everytime I think I have something well and truly cat proofed, they find a work around.
It's a mass intelligence effect. get four or more cats together in a room and soon they're developing WMD's and cornering the catnip market by leveraging silver futures.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #33
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It's a mass intelligence effect. get four or more cats together in a room and soon they're developing WMD's and cornering the catnip market by leveraging silver futures.
It takes four in your part of the world?? Get two of my cats together and they are plotting world domination ... as well as my demise.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #34
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I think they're more likely to drive me mad with the bell.

jingle, jingle, twitter, squawk, flap, jingle, jingle
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
i guess cats are sort of like complete fools that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
yep. that's why i made sure to stop at two of the devious buggers. they're plotting something right now, i can tell, but they can't reach critical mass so i should be safe.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #36
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

yep. that's why i made sure to stop at two of the devious buggers. they're plotting something right now, i can tell, but they can't reach critical mass so i should be safe.
Dear lord woman! If they're plotting, half the battle is lost, already!

Break out the nip and sprinkle it liberally about the floor! Gotta do somehting to decrease the brain pan capacity!

BTW, Hugo and Lefty have a 5:00 AM call. The gopher can't find them any where.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #37
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Quote:

Ok Ricky wins the demented cats on catnip award.

Ricky are you feeling Good, A Little Better, OK, or the Pits.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #38
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Ok Ricky wins the demented cats on catnip award.

Ricky are you feeling Good, A Little Better, OK, or the Pits.
The pain from the car wreck is getting a little better every day. My back and left wrist are still giving me grief.

Still a bit blue about losing Marian, but then I will be for a few weeks. I just realized that in the 12 years I lived in California, I only lost one cat (my sweet Newton), but in the four years I have lived in Texas, I've had six die. I realize there is no connection - except perhaps for the death of little Lauren who was bitten by a rattlesnake that got in the house - but still ...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #39
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The pain from the car wreck is getting a little better every day. My back and left wrist are still giving me grief.

Still a bit blue about losing Marian, but then I will be for a few weeks. I just realized that in the 12 years I lived in California, I only lost one cat (my sweet Newton), but in the four years I have lived in Texas, I've had six die. I realize there is no connection - except perhaps for the death of little Lauren who was bitten by a rattlesnake that got in the house - but still ...
Losing a kitty is alway hard, an empty spot inside yourself never goes away.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #40
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
You had a rattle snake get in the house!?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #41
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
OH, I had a cat (Vladimir, may he rest in peace as master of the dark realm) who was the bane of toilet paper. He would shred a roll into confetti. I lived in a little apartment at the time, and I would come home from work and it would look like it snowed in the apartment.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #42
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

Wow - it seems we are 'lucky' then .....

Quote:
Keep getting better, a cat or two walking down your spine might help?

Quote:

At least the mutual help benefited both you and the cats .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

Same here, not sure if I'd survive another monster in the house...

Quote:
Losing a kitty is alway hard, an empty spot inside yourself never goes away.
My first cat died last summer, and even though we have two new monsters in the house, I still miss him badly.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #44
acprinter
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
You had a rattle snake get in the house!?
Depending on where you live in California a Rattlesnake, a Tarantula, a scorpion is not that uncommon.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #45
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Oh great.

I am terribly terribly snake phobic. Spiders don't bother me, but snakes do. I once had a cat bring in a grass snake, the cat was holding it in the middle of the body and it was doing that snake hootchy kootchy slither on both ends. I was.... yeah....
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote