Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #31
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
From time to time some of license agrees and explanations should
be put on the paper and read as a novel. Then some critic should
say what he/she thinks on the very masterpiece. Most of them
would ask for medical team to come and treat the author. Imagine
how I find myself surprised as some issues.
The question is where it will stop being agreement and become
comic book.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #32
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
I'm all for a little innocent paranoia, but c'mon.

There's a great cartoon in this week's New Yorker magazine: a kid at a curbside stand with a sign, CONSPIRACY THEORIES $10. He's slumped over with a dart in his neck. Over in the next yard is a spook with a blow gun.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #33
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Just to give this dead horse one last kick...

I had a job once where we learned that there is no excuse for letting some things happen. Not every confidential document is sensitive enough to warrent that kind of care, but if you feel you have one that does, there's no excuse for leaving the back window unlocked.

I got Amazon CS on the phone and asked "If I take an HTML file and convert it to Mobi and side-load it to the Kindle, can Amazon read or download the file over Wifi." He said "No. Amazon can't even see it on your device."

I would never put anything classified on a Kindle but for personal and most confidential business documents it appears safe. The Kindle does have a password feature you can use if you want to control access to a document you store on it. Still not as good as the encryption locks you can put on laptops but better than other eBook readers.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote