Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #31
nensi
nensi began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
As I am still waiting for my PB to come back to me (it has been a week, so not that long), and it is repaired, and I was told it is a screen controller problem, I was not charged any money yet. I think it was covered by the warranty otherwise I would have been asked if I want it to be fixed for a certain price. And also by US PB customer service I was told it IS covered by warranty (mine was fixed in Germany). So up until now I don't have any reason to believe otherwise, so my advice is to send it for an evaluation, and then decide what you want to do....
Good luck,
N.
nensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #32
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The issue is simply that broken screens are not covered period. That's why we're all waiting and lusting for plastic substrate screens which don't break.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #33
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
So, as I posted a couple of days ago, I sent my PB360 for repair under warranty (I'm in the US, btw).
PB discovered that it was a problem with the display controller, indeed. So it's been repaired without cost for me and it's on its way back! It should arrive this afternoon.
Yay!
The process was quick and clear, I have to give PB credit for that. They were very responsive by email.

I'm sorry to read that others in Europe are having problems.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #34
nensi

Still waiting!!! grrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #35
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anyone actually got anything repaired at pocketbook Germany?
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #36
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Well yes, I finally received a device back today. I got an e-mail two weeks ago to say they'd finally received it, it seems there had been some mix up at the post office. And in the box I'd sent it, I received another device, which is charging right now (though it seemed to be charged, or half charged already).
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #37
nensi

that is great!
gives me hope that mine will arrive soon....
n.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #38
nensi

So,
I have good news!!! My PB360 arrived safe and well! It is working and I can't be happier!!! Thanks to everybody for their advice and to service center Germany for fixing my sweet PB!!!!

N.