Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #421
celtica96
Zealot
celtica96 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, SmartQ 5 & 7, Mirus CT9W7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
sudo touch ~/.Xauthority && sudo chown $LOGNAME ~/.Xauthority && chmod 775 ~/. Xauthority
Thanks.

I had the same issue and this solved it.
celtica96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #422
AlanMc
Enthusiast
AlanMc began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ7
I have found a easy method to let the mouse pointer appear. Rename of delete the folder /home/user/.icons/, then reboot it.
AlanMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 12:43 AM   #423
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
I have found a easy method to let the mouse pointer appear. Rename of delete the folder /home/user/.icons/, then reboot it.
Deleting the sub folders worked for me.

If anyone tries this through the file manager and can't find the folder, it's becuase Linus hides anything that starts with a period. You'll need to navigate to /home/user, and type in /.icons to get the folder.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #424
celtica96
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I wasn't able to start it at all. Finally I uninstalled then reinstalled bluetooth. It now works.
Ellen
@imaredr

I had a weird problem with Bluetooth under V3 of the firmware that caused a system shutdown.

Of course, I'm testing many things on the Q7 and that may have caused my problem but now I'm hesitant to plug in the Bluetooth dongle

How did you uninstall & reinstall Bluetooth?

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #425
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
@celtica96
You need to have install the repositories discussed in another thread here. I then
started evilvte under accessories and typed
sudo apt-get remove bluetooth

then once it was uninstalled I typed

sudo apt-get install bluetooth

I do find that the bluetooth doesn't always work. It is hit or miss. Maybe a bug. I chatted this morning (via google talk) with Alex from Eletroworld this morning and he thinks it may be a bug with firmware 3.0 I don't know. I only wanted to connect my BT headphones and while it will pair with the Q7, it doesn't work with Sonata. I may play around with it some more to get it to work, but I am not a Linux person and I don't want to press my luck.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #426
celtica96
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I do find that the bluetooth doesn't always work. It is hit or miss. Maybe a bug.
Ellen
Thanks for your guidance.

I followed the steps you outlined and got one strange message in evilvte twice--once during uninstall and then again for install:
E Directory '/var/log/apt/' missing
Otherwise, the steps seemed to work.

Unfortunately, once I went back to the desktop I no longer have the option under Menu--Preferences--SysSettings to "Enable Bluetooth and USB Host".

I'll keep investigating....
Old 06-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #427
markr
markr doesn't littermarkr doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtica96 View Post
I followed the steps you outlined and got one strange message in evilvte twice--once during uninstall and then again for install:
E Directory '/var/log/apt/' missing
/var/log is where applications can store a log file. Presumably apt is trying to write its logfile to /var/log/apt/some_file_name but the directory /var/log/apt/ doesn't exist yet. You would think that the rest of the operation would have worked, just you wouldn't have a log.

Try:
sudo mkdir /var/log/apt

To create the directory. Although you might not want your limited storage space filling up with log files you're never going to read, in which case don't bother and just ignore the errors.
markr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #428
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I get that first msg also. I ignore it
It seems that you have uninstalled Bluetooth
You now need to reinstall it

Sudo apt-get install bluetooth

I find Linux unforgiveable. If you type anything wrong the command will not work

Ellen
Old 06-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #429
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtica96 View Post
Unfortunately, once I went back to the desktop I no longer have the option under Menu--Preferences--SysSettings to "Enable Bluetooth and USB Host".

I'll keep investigating....

I never had this on the desktop. It was when I click the power button I had that choice
Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #430
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
So what thread has the repositories?

I want to try the bluetooth reinstall.

Ah, but before I try that, any one got an idea of what bluetooth functionality I am going to get?

I was hoping for A2DP support, bluetooth headphones.
Bluetooth headset.
bluetooth keyboard.
wwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #431
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
I've been in touch with Alex from Eletroworld. I'm still having problems with my wifi, think I have pretty much messed up some of the core linux kernels. You know that snowballing effect when you try and fix something and it gets worse and worse. But anyway he said WinCE will be available for it (SmartQ7) next week.

Looking forward to that, even though I haven't used WinCE before I think it will be more familiar to me.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #432
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
Any info on a european distributor? .. I'd rather not pay customs, even if mp4nation prices seem good. Well, paying customs isn't that bad, but travelling to do it is annoying.
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #433
AlanMc
Enthusiast
AlanMc began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ7
Today I receive the Smartdevices reply that they had known about the WIFI and bluetooth problem in the Q7. They would solve it in the next firmware.
AlanMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #434
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
Today I receive the Smartdevices reply that they had known about the WIFI and bluetooth problem in the Q7. They would solve it in the next firmware.
That's great to hear. Now I can't stop palying around with my bluetooth and avoid making things worse. I also read somewhere here that WinCE will be out very soon.

Ellen
Old 06-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #435
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
I just got one of the 32GIG SD cards.

And the SmartQ7 sees the card. All 32GIGS.
But when the SmartQ7 is plugged into a PC using the USB cable, the USB device is not found when I use a 32GIG card. But a 2GIG card is found just fine as a USB device.

Anyone else see this behavior?

How would I go about formating the card in the device?

Last edited by wwang; 06-22-2009 at 03:52 PM.
wwang is offline   Reply With Quote