Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #376
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by angurs View Post
Anyone heard of DecalGirl (www.decalgirl.com)? I asked if they sell skins for PP and I got a reply this morning,

"Our development team will research this device. If the Hanlin V5 ereader is something that looks feasible, it should be up on our site in approximately 3-4 weeks."

They already sell skins for Kindle and Sony. If my PP starts peeling, I'm getting a couple them..
Good idea. Whatever, if mine starts to peel, I won't let it interfere with a good reading experience. After a few months of hard use, no device is going to look pristine anyway.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #377
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Good idea. Whatever, if mine starts to peel, I won't let it interfere with a good reading experience. After a few months of hard use, no device is going to look pristine anyway.
Oh, I don't know. My Sony 505 is a few months old and hasn't change one iota.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #378
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
A word of warning. If you stick a cover to the already peeling surface then the cover will likely fall of . Remove the existing paint/surface first.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #379
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
A word of warning. If you stick a cover to the already peeling surface then the cover will likely fall of . Remove the existing paint/surface first.

I've got all my loose paint off, now, mostly by scratching with my fingernail. However, I have a big section that obviously got treated properly and won't scratch off.

Any suggestion as to what can get it off, other than dismantling the unit to sand it. (I'm not ready to do that yet)

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #380
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Robert

My unit was delivered early afternoon on Tuesday, It's 3pm Thursday and I've still yet to receive a shipping notice. I was hoping to have the replacement by the end of this week, which is unlikely now.

Can you update me on when the replacement will be shipped?

Thanks.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #381
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I've got all my loose paint off, now, mostly by scratching with my fingernail. However, I have a big section that obviously got treated properly and won't scratch off.

Any suggestion as to what can get it off, other than dismantling the unit to sand it. (I'm not ready to do that yet)

AJ
Sorry, I can't help you there. My BeBook Mini is fine. What I will caution against is using any paint solvent as this will likely melt the underlying surface. I believe DaveS found something but I can't remember what. Try not to sand with anything coarse as this will also destroy the underlying surface. Painting plastic successfully can be a nightmare, I should know. I am a Fully Skilled Vehicle Refinisher ( Paint Sprayer to you ). The numerous processes for the different types of plastic would fill a small book and I am not about to rip my Mini apart to find the correct one for some reason.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #382
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Oh, I don't know. My Sony 505 is a few months old and hasn't change one iota.
Yeah, maybe I am rougher on stuff than you My mp3 player is always in my bag, for example, just in case I need it, so it has to fight with all the other junk I throw in there with it.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #383
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Amy waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Robert

My unit was delivered early afternoon on Tuesday, It's 3pm Thursday and I've still yet to receive a shipping notice. I was hoping to have the replacement by the end of this week, which is unlikely now.

Can you update me on when the replacement will be shipped?

Thanks.

Dear Grif:

Amy is waiting for your email to: support@astak.com

She will give you precise info if you will please email her. I just went and talked to her.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #384
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Alcohol.
Do not use denatured alcohol unless you know exactly what was used to denature it.
If you buy a small amount of food-grade alcohol you should be able to remove rubber coating with an [alcohol] damp piece of microfiber cloth.
Be very patient. Leave enough time for alcohol to weaken the rubber coating. Do not rub buttons vigorously enough to remove silk-screened markings.

IMPORTANT:
Whatever you use, try it first on some part that is not visible - like battery door.

Last edited by kacir; 10-30-2009 at 05:39 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #385
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Alcohol.
Do not use denatured alcohol unless you know exactly what was used to denature it.
If you buy a small amount of food-grade alcohol you should be able to remove rubber coating with an [alcohol] damp piece of microfiber cloth.
Be very patient. Leave enough time for alcohol to weaken the rubber coating. Do not rub buttons vigorously enough to remove silk-screened markings.

IMPORTANT:
Whatever you use, try it first on some part that is not visible - like battery door.

thanks, I don't suppose the alcohol pads for injections work, I have plenty of those. They're isopropyl alcohol.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #386
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
thanks, I don't suppose the alcohol pads for injections work, I have plenty of those. They're isopropyl alcohol.
They might!
Isopropyl alcohol is safe for plastic as it is only diluted with water. Some denatured ethyl alcohol is denatured with acetone or MEK which is definitely very bad for plastic.
I used ethyl alcohol that was denatured with methyl alcohol to completely remove the flaking coating from my blue PocketPRO.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #387
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Grif:

Amy is waiting for your email to: support@astak.com

She will give you precise info if you will please email her. I just went and talked to her.
I just sent out the email. I had called a couple weeks ago for the shipping label and RMA number, and also the RMA was sent via email. I packed it up and send it out, and have been waiting. I was unaware that I needed to send an email after the item was delivered to you. I don't recall doing that last time. I saw the item delivered via tracking, and soon thereafter I received a shipping notice of the replacement. I assumed it would be the same this time.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #388
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I didn't receive a shipping notice either for my second replacement. But I got an email from UPS yesterday. Doesn't say where package is from but the reference number looks like the RMA for the PocketPro. Not due to get here until the Nov 5th though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I just sent out the email. I had called a couple weeks ago for the shipping label and RMA number, and also the RMA was sent via email. I packed it up and send it out, and have been waiting. I was unaware that I needed to send an email after the item was delivered to you. I don't recall doing that last time. I saw the item delivered via tracking, and soon thereafter I received a shipping notice of the replacement. I assumed it would be the same this time.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #389
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
quote from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Isopropyl alcohol also works well at removing smudges, dirt, and fingerprints from cell phones and PDAs. It is effective at removing residual glue from some sticky labels
So it might work.
Do try it on the inside surface of battery door first.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #390
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
I didn't receive a shipping notice either for my second replacement. But I got an email from UPS yesterday. Doesn't say where package is from but the reference number looks like the RMA for the PocketPro. Not due to get here until the Nov 5th though.
Mine was shipped last night. Tracking says I should receive it Nov 4th. Amy verified that it was one of the latest batch. I am assuming that it's the second batch as the third isn't due til next Friday.