Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #346
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Does anyone have a link to that report? I haven't heard anything about the white or black units at all.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #347
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
Does anyone have a link to that report? I haven't heard anything about the white or black units at all.
Here you go, it was posted earlier in the thread...
http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1694
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #348
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Here you go, it was posted earlier in the thread...
http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1694
My black one was perfect, but now it just started peeling.

I am leaning toward asking for a refund....

Name:  PocketPro-Black-Peel-4.bmp
Views: 596
Size:  533.3 KB
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #349
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
omg.. didn't know that black is prone to peeling as well
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #350
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNaru View Post
That's what I thought, so I went with the black replacement instead of asking for a blue one again....
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #351
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
This is absurd.
What is the factory doing NOW, that they did not do with previous models?
The Black 6" EZreader at Frys has been handled many times and still looks like the pictures (plus a few finger prints )

Is BeBook mini having the same issues with the coating?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #352
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is absurd.
The Black 6" EZreader at Frys has been handled many times and still looks like the pictures (plus a few finger prints )

Acording to this: http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic....t&sd=a&start=0 Yes, it seems it have same issues
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #353
Musicman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is absurd.

There is a rubberized type coating on the 5" that is not on the 6". I have a 6" and it is fine...
Old 10-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #354
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
well my black pp still looks new without any peeling...
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #355
Musicman
Evangelist

Quote:
well my black pp still looks new without any peeling...
Mine was good for about two week and then it started to peel.

I sent a request on Saturday for an RMA (refund not replacement), but heard nothing back today.

I just sent a second request, so hopefully I hear back tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #356
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Mine was good for about two week and then it started to peel.

I sent a request on Saturday for an RMA (refund not replacement), but heard nothing back today.

I just sent a second request, so hopefully I hear back tomorrow.

Hope it works out. Mine is still fine, finish-wise but I find myself not using it, but using my Sony 505 or Kindle2 instead.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #357
Musicman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hope it works out. Mine is still fine, finish-wise but I find myself not using it, but using my Sony 505 or Kindle2 instead.
I just looked at my e-mail and I received the RMA number from Astak.

Once they receive my unit they will apply the refund to my credit card (3-4 weeks).

Astak does stand behind their product and is responsive. I just will wait a while before taking another plunge, and just keep using my 6" EZ-Reader for now.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #358
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I just looked at my e-mail and I received the RMA number from Astak.

Once they receive my unit they will apply the refund to my credit card (3-4 weeks).

Astak does stand behind their product and is responsive. I just will wait a while before taking another plunge, and just keep using my 6" EZ-Reader for now.
Perhaps the next time you plunge into the Astak waters, the firmware will be sufficiently updated for better format support and increased menu fonts sizes, as well as other issues.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #359
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Perhaps the next time you plunge into the Astak waters, the firmware will be sufficiently updated for better format support and increased menu fonts sizes, as well as other issues.

Very possibly. The do seem responsive. The seemed to get the main font sizes squared away real quick, but that may have been in the works already, it was almost simultaneous with the release of the PP.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #360
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
My red one has been peeling but only the top, rubberized, layer was coming off so I was just going to live with it. Unfortunately, the underlayer of paint is now beginning to come off as well. The cheap-looking white plastic beneath is now showing through in one place and I'm sure that the paint job is only going to continue to deteriorate. I'd decided that I'd have to bite the bullet and request an exchange but in light of the ongoing remarks about even the replacement colours (possibly) peeling plus the new comment about the black starting to peel... :

Have any Canadians sent their unit back for exchange? Is Astak filling out the paperwork properly so that I won't get charged (again) by customs when the replacement unit is sent?

For the most part, I love my little Pocket Pro and I hate the thought of giving it up, even just for the time that it will take for an exchange.

But... between the ugly, peeling paint and the unacceptable battery life when the keyboard lock is used, I'm afraid that I'm starting to experience some pretty serious buyer's regret. Battery life seems to be fine if it's turned off between uses but I don't consider that an acceptable alternative since (1) it takes considerably longer to boot than to unlock and (2) it goes back to the main menu every bloody time that it's turned off. Besides, my 6" Bebook had great battery life when using the keyboard lock; there's no good reason that the Pocket Pro shouldn't work fine that way as well.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote