Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #286
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
While in the collection select sort by title. Currently it is sorting by most recent first.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #287
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Wow! That's amazing!

So much that I had to tinker with it a bit, so here goes:

* You can add a suffix to the collection name, in addition to the prefix.
* You can setup a re.sub on the collection name, to transform it. (ie. I use an include "\+.?*" on tags, with a sub "(\+)(.*?)", "\2" to create collections based on tags that start with a +, but without actually keeping the + in the collection name (+Fantasy => Fantasy), because I'm too lazy to setup a custom column ).
* Config switch to automatically trigger a framework restart on USB unplug (requires the SS or Fonts hack), because it's enough to reload collections, and that takes only a fraction of the time needed to do a full restart.
* Fixed the config file save path (extra config_dir in there, at least on my setup).
* Fix ignore_prefix matching if the collection name contained an re keyword character.
* Fix error when trying to acess the customize plugin menu without an existing config and no Kindle connected.
* Handle update of config files when new settings are added to default rows.

Thanks again for your work, I'm *finally* using a proper collection setup thanks to this .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-11-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Merged in >= 1.4.0
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #288
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Hey, thanks for the patches. I'll have a look at them - especially the framework restart one (though I'm not using any hacks myself), and the re.sub. For the others the code looks a lot different these days since I've been doing a lot of rewriting so the errors are fixed. (That extra config subdirectory was annoying - I've coded a check for it and to rewrite it so people don't loose their settings when upgrading).

I'm not sure why you'd want a suffix?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #289
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I'm not sure why you'd want a suffix?
For visual symmetry for the OCD types like myself... the sad necessity of putting special character prefixes of various types for sorting on a Kindle can look slightly less weird when they are balanced at both ends.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #290
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@meme: Exactly like kiwidude said, symmetry! . Hopefully I didn't break anything ^^. (I didn't really test the ignore_prefix stuff besides making sure it wasn't dying horribly because of a '+' in a collection name anymore )
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #291
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the patches, NiLuJe - especially the suffix! Yes, another OCD sufferer here

I have the screen saver hack installed, and I checked the "reset" box in the collections customize screen, but I didn't see anything happen. Do I need to have some other flag set somewhere?

Thanks
Tracey
Old 03-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #292
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tlrowley: I assume you only have the SS hack installed, not the Fonts hack?

If I didn't mess things up, whenever you update your collections via the plugin, the final popup should say 'Eject & Unplug' instead of 'Eject & Restart', and, indeed, your Kindle should do a semi-quick framework restart next time you *unplug* it.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #293
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

It turns out I'm an impatient person* - sorry.... I've been playing with it and I do see that it reboots, but sometimes it seems to take a very long time. How long is normal?

* as hubby will attest, I'm sure
Old 03-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #294
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tlrowley: What takes a long time? The reboot, or the delay between unplugging your Kindle and the start of the reboot? (It should pretty much happen exactly 10s after unplugging, unless there's some heavy processing happening in the background).
Old 03-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #295
tundrwd
tundrwd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Ok, either the documentation is entirely misleading, or something changed in Version 0.7.48 (on OSX), or I'm entirely blind.

I'm trying to install the plugin. On the OP, #3 on installation it says:

Quote:
Install the plugin
Download the attached zip file and install the plugin and restart Calibre as described in the the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118680 but don't add the icon to the main toolbar menu (it will just disappear when you connect your Kindle
Going to that link, it states to go to Preferences->Plugins.

There is NO Plugins icon, or reference to plugin within Preferences on my install. Now, how the heck do you install it, when the directions don't match the menus?

Ok - tried the manual method using "calibre-customize" to install the OP plugin for Kindle Collections. This seemed to run, but continuing with directions, there is NO "Create Kindle Collections" on the Customize toolbar for "when device connected". There is however something named "Manage Collections", but has no icon. Attempting to add it to the menu seems to add it, but it never appears on the menu, whether my Kindle is connected or not.

So - HOW do you install this plugin?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #296
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post
There is NO Plugins icon, or reference to plugin within Preferences on my install. Now, how the heck do you install it, when the directions don't match the menus?
See the scroll bar at the right edge of the preferences dialog, use it.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #297
tundrwd

No scrollbar. Last section on Preference menu is "Sharing". No scroller.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #298
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post
No scrollbar. Last section on Preference menu is "Sharing". No scroller.
I find that hard to believe.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #299
tundrwd

Nonetheless - it was true.

I've deinstalled using AppCleaner, deleted the ~/Calibre Library directory, emptied trash, rebooted, reinstalled. NOW the scrollbar is there, and I've been able to add the plugin. AppCleaner removed:

calibre app (the .app - NOT installed in default Applications folder, but a sub-folder in Applications)
preferences (~/Library/Preferences/calibre)
plist file (~/Library/Preferences/net.kovidgoyal.calibre.plist)

I've had calibre installed before (not sure how old a version), but never used AppCleaner to remove it (don't know that it actually made any difference. Might have been deleting the ~/Calibre Library). Don't think I had ever deleted the original ~/Calibre Library, and certainly never removed the older plist file or preferences. I installed calibre probably 3-4 years ago, and just didn't use it that much, deleted the app within 6-9 months after installing. Maybe something buggered up due to older preferences, or the ~/Calibre Library, etc.?

At least the plugin is now installed, and the icon appears when I plugin the Kindle.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #300
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tlrowley: What takes a long time? The reboot, or the delay between unplugging your Kindle and the start of the reboot? (It should pretty much happen exactly 10s after unplugging, unless there's some heavy processing happening in the background).

I can't think what processing might be going on - I have no un-indexed books. I've seen the reboot happen only once - the rest of the time it never seems to reboot. I don't know what I could be doing wrong - I have the screensaver hack installed (but not the Fonts) I use the "eject this device" from within Calibre - this removes it from Finder on my Mac, as it should. When the Kindle detects the eject, I unplug it, and nothing happens (unless it's so quick that I blink and miss it?) Should I pull the plug before the Kindle clears the usb screen?

What am I missing?
Closed Thread