Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Did anyone actually get epubs? All I got was a 2K file that isn't an epub and isn't a (mis-named) .acsm file, either. You can get 10 of them in the iBooks store, but that only works for those with an iThing.

The PDF's for 9 of them do work. But on others (the WIP for chemistry, for example), I got another corrupt/wrong/bad pdf file of very small size. The ones that are there are much larger in size than the Kindle files (>200MB for Life Science, for example, vs 66MB in Kindle store).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #17
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Did anyone actually get epubs?
Yes, the algebra one came across fine for me, and opens in Calibre, albeit a little slowly.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
yes, I got all the epubs, and from the 4 I've opened they look okay ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Did anyone actually get epubs? All I got was a 2K file that isn't an epub and isn't a (mis-named) .acsm file, either. You can get 10 of them in the iBooks store, but that only works for those with an iThing.

The PDF's for 9 of them do work. But on others (the WIP for chemistry, for example), I got another corrupt/wrong/bad pdf file of very small size. The ones that are there are much larger in size than the Kindle files (>200MB for Life Science, for example, vs 66MB in Kindle store).
Don't try to right-click and "save linked file". Just click the link, which opens a new window, and then the epub should download.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #20
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Now also free in the US store! Maybe Amazon will keep on adding today... (I think this is complete)

CK-12 Advanced Probability and Statistics by CK-12 Foundation
CK-12 Algebra I
CK-12 Biology I - Honors
CK-12 Calculus
CK-12 Chemistry
CK-12 Earth Science
CK-12 Engineering: An Introduction for High School
CK-12 Geometry
CK-12 Life Science
CK-12 People's Physics Book Version 2
CK-12 Trigonometry
CK-12 21st Century Physics: A Compilation of Contemporary and Emerging Technologies

Last edited by arcadata; 09-24-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Completed the list
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #21
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Thanks for the links, arcadata. Strangely, they all downloaded perfectly from Amazon, except for the "Life Science" book, which was listed as a "Pre-order" with delivery date 9 September 2025! I'm not waiting that long!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #22
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Yes, the algebra one came across fine for me, and opens in Calibre, albeit a little slowly.

Graham
Hardly surprising: the smallest epub is 7 mb and the largest is 50 mb. Files that size will take a bit of time to load!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #23
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the two largest are over 60 Mb - 66 for Life Sciences (which is a 200MB PDF).

I tried just letting the epubs and WIP pdf's "just open" - all that got me was a hung tab.

I might try again later, or not -- got them via iBooks and Kindle, now.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #24
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Quote:
[G]ot them via iBooks and Kindle, now.
Did you get the "Life Science" book from Amazon, or did you find it was "pre-order" for 9 September 2025 as well?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #25
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Did you get the "Life Science" book from Amazon, or did you find it was "pre-order" for 9 September 2025 as well?
Although the product page says pre-order, it also shows the date that I purchased it (which it never does on undelivered pre-orders, only on books that have been "delivered"). It's in my queue to download (need to go turn on my DX, as I didn't want these on my smaller K3.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #26
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

You are correct! I don't have a Kindle (I'm using Kindle for PC) and the "Life Science" book is indeed showing up there. So, the "Pre-order" button must be some sort of Amazon glitch.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #27
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Alas, the epubs I've tried on my prs-650 give Page Errors. I suspect they're a bit too big so I think I'll have to sic Sigil on them...
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote