Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #16
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
It's almost Halloween... a time to read novels about vampires, skeletons, ghosts, and ghouls. This Halloween season, as you cavort with creepy creatures, do not forget the neglected princes of paranormal: demons.

Flaming Dove, my dark fantasy novel, is about demons. It's about angels. It's about a half-demon, half-angel named Laila... a girl whose outfit would not shame any Halloween party.

This October, please invite Laila into your ereader. She'll keep those creaky skeletons in line.

Buy from Kindle store

Buy from Smashwords

Flaming Dove Website

"Really, really fun... pure pleasure to read." -- Geek Speak Magazine

"A delightful read... hard to put it down." -- MotherLode Book Reviews

Last edited by DArenson; 01-06-2011 at 06:50 PM.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #17
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Less than two weeks to Halloween! Ghosts are howling. Skeletons are creaking. Vampires are biting.

Laila, half-angel, half-demon, is firing her Uzi.

Come say hello: http://www.DanielArenson.com/FlamingDoveSample.aspx
Old 10-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Just bought it. Won't quite be my next book but I'm looking forward too it.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Just bought it. Won't quite be my next book but I'm looking forward too it.
Thank you, Monkey! I hope you enjoy reading it.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #20
DArenson
ebookworm

Dark fantasy novel Flaming Dove is featured today on Kindle Nation Daily. Steve Windwalker, the editor, writes:

"Jeff Bezos likes to talk about how, once you begin reading on the Kindle, the device disappears and it's just you and the book. That's great, but with this novel, you get an even more seamless, zipless experience. The author disappears, and it's just you and the story, the characters, and a remarkably well-imagined world that shifts astonishingly in time and place....
But let me admit my limitations. As soon as I began reading Flaming Dove I knew almost immediately that I was out of my depth. Sure, I've put in my time reading Paradise Lost and even some Dante, but I was concerned. Yet within a moment or two, my concerns vaporized. With the exception of Beatrice I don't recall characters anywhere near as vivid, as lovely, and as terrible as Laila and her minions and adversaries. There's a sweep, a fully imagined majesty and a narrative command in this remarkable fantasy novel that allowed me to totally forget the presence of an author and willingly suspend my disbelief. I wish college English majors (like me, some years ago) could have Flaming Dove in hand as a gateway to Milton; we would find his narratives of Heaven and Hell far more accessible."

Take a look: http://kindlehomepage.blogspot.com

Flaming Dove Website

Buy for Kindle

Buy from Smashwords
Old 10-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #21
DArenson
ebookworm

Happy Halloween, everyone! To celebrate the spooky holiday, you can buy Flaming Dove -- a tale of demons and fallen angels -- for half off at Smashwords. This coupon is good for TODAY ONLY.

Your coupon code: SW38R

Flaming Dove at Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/22230

I hope you enjoy reading Flaming Dove.

Last edited by DArenson; 10-31-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #22
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Thanks Daniel. I'm going to re-buy it so I can also have an epub version.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
DArenson
ebookworm

Dark fantasy novel Flaming Dove received two new reviews.

Book reviewer Misty Baker of KindleObsessed.com gave Flaming Dove five stars. Here are quotes from her review:

"Having read (and reviewed) Arenson’s work before I was almost certain I would enjoy it. I am no stranger to fantasy (duh) and Arenson (more than most) has a genuinely unique way of storytelling, but even with the expected rapture, the quick reading, and unwillingness to put my Kindle down what I didn’t expect was to: gasp, sigh, grit my teeth, cuss my Kindle and cry.

This was not just a story about an emotionally lost half-breed girl. It’s was more than epic battles and avenging angels. It was the discovery of ones self, the inner battle between good and evil. It was about accepting our fates, understanding our future, and blazing our own paths to happiness… regardless of our ancestry. This was a story about choosing your own way of life.

Now... I’m sure your next question is 'Misty, how in the hell can you wrap all of that up in 294 pages?' and to that I say 'It’s simple.' Perfectly executed inner dialogue. Off the charts characterization, and battles so intense that even the smallest of deaths left a dent in the reader’s armor. If there were flaws I failed to notice. If there were holes, I must have taken a different path, because to me... Flaming Dove is what a fantasy novel should strive to be."

You can read Misty's full review of Flaming Dove here.

Author Debra Martin also reviewed Flaming Dove on her book review blog. Here is a quote from her review:

"Without spoiling the ending, I will say that the climax is exciting and unexpected. Everything you want in a novel. This book is a fun read, but on a deeper level it makes you think--nothing is purely black or white, good or evil, it’s much more complicated than that. It takes a talented author to make you ponder these things long after you finish the book. I highly recommend Flaming Dove and look forward to reading more books by Mr. Arenson."

You can read Deb's full review of Flaming Dove here.

Learn more about Flaming Dove.

Thanks for reading,

Daniel
Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #24
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
After dithering around for much too long, I bought it today. Comments sometime later when I finish reading.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #25
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
After dithering around for much too long, I bought it today. Comments sometime later when I finish reading.

Xenophon
Thanks, Xenophon! I hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #26
DArenson
ebookworm

Fantasy novel Flaming Dove was reviewed today at Ashley's Bookshelf, a popular blog. From the review: "Great character development, wonderful imagery, and just great imagination."

Read the full review at Ashley's Bookshelf.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #27
DArenson
ebookworm

My fantasy novel Flaming Dove received two new Amazon reviews today -- one for four stars earlier this morning, and just now a new five star review. Here's a quote from the latter:

Quote:
This was an absolutely fantastic book. I really really enjoyed it. I loved it so much I kept quoting it to my wife. ...The book was pretty much non-stop action with a few flashbacks about the characters, but it never slowed down the pace of the main story line. The ending caught me by surprise as well.
You can read the full review at Flaming Dove's Amazon page.

Flaming Dove now has eleven Amazon reviews with an average 4.5 star ranking. You can also find Flaming Dove on Smashwords.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #28
DArenson
ebookworm

My fantasy novel Flaming Dove received a new five-star review today on Amazon. It now has twelve Amazon reviews averaging 4.5 stars. Here's a quote from the new review:

"I was most impressed with the imaginative presentation of the characters. It was way-out to read of angels acting un-angel-like, and seeing demons who could love like the most experienced swingers among us. And I adored in a most phantasmagorical way that these two sides had been fighting for so long, and yet they seem to have forgotten exactly what they were fighting for.... Yeah, my people, I dig, and you should, too."

You can read the full review over at Flaming Dove's Amazon Page.

Other places you can find Flaming Dove:

Flaming Dove at Smashwords.

Flaming Dove at BarnesAndNoble.com.

Thanks for reading,

Daniel
Old 11-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #29
DArenson
ebookworm

SFBook.com reviews Flaming Dove

Dark fantasy novel Flaming Dove was reviewed today at SFBook.com, a popular fantasy and science fiction website.

Here are some quotes from the review:

"Flaming Dove was to be fair quite a surprise, I really wasn't expecting something of this quality from an author I hadn't previously heard of. The premise is great, after the human apocalypse followed by an actual Armageddon with Angels descending from the Heavens and Demons rising from the pits the human race is now a seriously endangered species with just pockets of survivors. The Angels and Demons own the land now and continue to battle for the right to claim the planet...."

"Daniel Arenson has a very nice way of spinning a tale, managing to keep the subject matter lively and fun, even when discussing dark concepts with very well crafted prose.... The fight scenes are great, well crafted and nicely detailed with explosive angel versus demon fights. The fluid writing style lends itself very well to the fast plot and action oriented storyline and the book is just simply a thoroughly engaging joy to read. The main character herself, Laila is a richly complicated individual, with a halfblood mix of angel and demon, constantly torn between two worlds and feared by both."

"Flaming Dove is an energetic, fun and fluid tale of Armageddon gone wrong, with richly crafted prose and engaging, larger than life characters, recommended."

* Read the full review

* Learn more about Flaming Dove

* Order a Flaming Dove ebook
Old 12-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #30
DArenson
ebookworm

To celebrate the holidays, I created a new Smashwords coupon for Flaming Dove. From now until New Years, you can buy Flaming Dove for HALF OFF.

Here is the coupon: RC48M

Flaming Dove at Smashwords.

Happy Holidays,

Daniel

Tags
dark fantasy, epic fantasy, paranormal fantasy