Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 07:05 AM   #16
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Has anyone been able to use this method recently? I cannot seem to login to http(s)://rim.avantgo.com/rim

Edit: My bad it found under http://rim.avantgo.com/login

Edit2: Nope, the loginpage works, but the login doesnt - all i get is a blank page.

Last edited by Pulp; 09-17-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:29 AM   #17
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
It doesn't work for me, either.
stobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #18
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've ended up searching out the mobile versions for most of my news sources and that seems to work. In some cases, it's their rss feeds. For example, for the NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/Space.xml

But you may need to set up cookies in iSilo for logging in and should double-check where the RSS takes you as it might only be headlines without extra links or easy ones to get the articles.

I also still use Avantgo in spite of it being a memory hog and the older versions not being able to use the memory card.
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote