Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How Many Books on Your Device?
I load only what I'm reading at the moment 2 1.47%
I load just a few...10 or less 8 5.88%
I load 50 or less 27 19.85%
I load 100 or less......gotta have a decent selection to choose from! 22 16.18%
200 or less 22 16.18%
300 or less 17 12.50%
400 or less 0 0%
500 or less 8 5.88%
600 or less 5 3.68%
700 or less 2 1.47%
800 or less 3 2.21%
900 or less 1 0.74%
1000 or less 0 0%
1001+ (please let us know how many!) 11 8.09%
I load every e-book I have and love the ability to do so! 19 13.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I have only a 1 gb SD card and 1 gb internal memory on my Cool-er, so I can't take everything with me. Thankfully, folders are fully supported, so navigation is easy and fast enough. I'm thinking about getting a 4 gb card (Cool-er only supports up to 4 gb). I have all the Baen books I own on my Reader, though!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I have about 1020 ebooks on my device. I have a lot because most of the stories I read are short and I like to have a lot to choose from if I finish a ebook during lunch. I can't use my work computer to add more ebooks to my device so I like to carry what I can at all times.

I store most of my ebooks on my produo card.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #18
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I have as many as my Reader can take without using a memory card. Just because I can.

I delete books as I read them and I tag them in Calibre as "read--keep" ("bookshelf") or "read--not keep" ("box") to distinguish between books I may want to read again and books that I would donate if they were not electronic.

I use folders for my series to group them together and make them easy to find. The rest of the tags are the ones that come with the book.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #19
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
I use PDA with SD card storage, and a Notebook using FBReader.

About 3,500 books all told, mostly in Plucker format, but a few hundred in Mobipocket, plus a scattering in eReader, PDF, and other formats.

Why? Because I can.

Having the entirely library on a device is most convenient.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 10-15-2009 at 04:07 PM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
How many books do you carry on your reader?
right now on my 600 i have 235. on my 700 i have over 400. some of them are old favourites i've already read but i keep them around because i like knowing i can go back to them anytime. like "comfort books".

Quote:
Do you have an sd card slot?
i gots the slot (2, actually), i no gots the card.

Quote:
If you are fortunate enough to have folders, how do you sort them?
i use calibre to add tags and create collections, and i almost never browse using the "all books" view. i used to add multiple tags but when i noticed (after beginning to load books onto my 600) that i had more collections (most of them with 1 book each) than books i changed my ways and now i try to limit myself to 2 or 3 tags maximum. i make collections by genres (mystery, humour / satire, litterary fiction, etc.), by series, by language, for "example books" to show various formats during meetups, "reference" (dictionaries), and also i have one called "priorité1" where i put the books i know i want to read next (well, soon, anyway) because otherwise i can never remember what was next on my list, and i (usually) look there first when i finish a book.

Quote:
Please post on why you carry the books you do. Or anything else you'd like to comment on.
i mostly have books i haven't read that i want to read. it's ridiculous how many there are. i also have a few that i like to re-read regularly and i like knowing they're ready at a moment's notice. i like to have plenty of choice so whatever mood i'm in i can find a book i feel like reading right then.

Quote:
I've just topped 700 on my k1, and show no visible slowing down in page turning. It does take a little longer to 'wake up', but not much.
i've not noticed any slowdown during browsing on my 700 nor my 600, but the 700 did take a bit longer to index 400+ books whenever i unplugged the usb connection. but since i never turn it off completely (i use sleep mode) this is the only time i have to wait, so it's not a problem.

Quote:
Its multiple choice.
i picked "300 or less" for my 600 and "500 or less" for my 700, just because i could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
I tried to choose "200 or fewer" but that option wasn't available. So I just had to settle for "200 or less."

[taking cover from DG's incoming stick of correction]

Xenophon
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #21
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I have between 400 and 500 ebooks presently, directly on my Cybook (it was too long to access when on SD card), and as it's not the updated firmware, folders management is... primitive ! But my ebooks are sorted in folders by genre and author.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #22
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
About 130 on my reader, everything backed up on SD Cards and I got the slots Probably 500 on the SD Cards. Have folders, don't use them. Used to until I wiped out my library, never bothered setting everything up again. Just delete from the devise when read. Keep folders on the SD Card of what's on the Reader, what's read and what's not.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
i have all of my unread books on my Sony (or most), which is usually 60-80. I try to keep the amount of ebooks in my library "read" at around 60-70%. Otherwise I'll just keep buying books that I won't read.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yau! A desertgrandma poll!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
DG! How are you feeling?? Hows the eye?

Inquiring minds want to know..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
DG! How are you feeling?? Hows the eye?

Inquiring minds want to know..........
I can't see a darned thing out of the eye, but it is expected to clear up in a few days. They put a shot in the "good" eye, relatively speakking, and it is much clearer today. So I wanted to stop in and glance over the posts. Are things going OK with you and your husband?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I can't see a darned thing out of the eye, but it is expected to clear up in a few days. They put a shot in the "good" eye, relatively speakking, and it is much clearer today. So I wanted to stop in and glance over the posts. Are things going OK with you and your husband?
Uh.......you know, sometimes you just have to laugh.......or you'll go nuts.

PM on way.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #28
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I currently have exactly 100 on my Kindle2. Normally it runs between 90-120 but the top number keeps edging up. Many of those are Omnibus editions including one that has over 50 books in it, not sure how to count those

(since it's a Kindle2 no Sex Device card.)

Last edited by NormHart; 10-15-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Arrrrg, brownies!!!
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #29
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I use SD card(s), plus my PocketBook can do folders, which, as I heard, not every reader can do... I wouldn't load as many books as I have right now (about 400-500), if I didn't have folders support.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #30
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
About 275...it just keeps getting bigger "I'm downloading ...and I can't stop!" You all keep suggesting interesting stories/authors, I go browsing, and BAM there's another few just sitting there taunting me.
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote