Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
_windy
Frances
_windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
BOOK 1 COMING TO A CLOSE!

Diamond Dust, book 1 of the Lighthouse Chronicles, is winding down to the last few parts... why not catch up before book 2 starts?? http://bit.ly/4mGLo0

Will post specials, character profiles and excerpts from other projects before the start of book two, so keep a lookout!
_windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #17
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Any plans to put it all together and make it downloadable?
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstr View Post
Any plans to put it all together and make it downloadable?
I was just about to post the very same thing
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #19
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur
Chuckwade87 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/Sony PRS 505
Ditto.
Chuckwade87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #20
_windy
Frances
_windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yep! Definitely plans to put it together -- an edited and extended version, so it may take a bit of time. BUt that's definitely a goal.
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #21
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I'll be waiting for the compiled and extended version. I'm horrible about keeping up with serial stories and end up losing interest part way through.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #22
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
I'll be waiting for the compiled and extended version. I'm horrible about keeping up with serial stories and end up losing interest part way through.
Sadly, I have to agree with this....

I'd simply be happy with the current chapters put together in a PDF (.Mobi for my preference, but can work with PDF).

I suck at serials and find it difficult to maintain interest between episodes...... Which is why it's doubtful that I will keep up with "Song of Ice and Fire"
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #23
_windy
Frances

For ebooks, what is your opinion on the better form of spacing -- single spaced with indents or blocks with paragraph spacing? Anyone can chip in here.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #24
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by _windy View Post
For ebooks, what is your opinion on the better form of spacing -- single spaced with indents or blocks with paragraph spacing? Anyone can chip in here.
I try and format it 12p Times New Roman, line spacing 1 (or fixed at 14pt) with indents, before I start cut n pasting into Feedbooks
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #25
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by _windy View Post
You may want to hang out in the writers forum and ask there. I'm sure there are plenty of opinions to be had

Personally, as long as it's legible, I don't particularly care how it's formatted. I care more about content than formatting in most of my books.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #26
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Personal opinion - I HATE the indent form of designating paragraphs. Much prefer the cleaner white-space-between-paras form. But I think it's a personal/stylistic thing, not a recommendation.

One recommendation I WILL make - don't use tabs or spaces to create your indents. Use paragraph formatting or styles, so that people can apply their own CSS to it if they prefer, without it going all wibbly
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #27
_windy
Frances

Yeah, it's become a bit of a toss up... either way it won't look perfect, you know?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #28
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Personal opinion - I HATE the indent form of designating paragraphs. Much prefer the cleaner white-space-between-paras form. But I think it's a personal/stylistic thing, not a recommendation.
Normally I do too -- but I just read a book on my Kindle that had the white space style formatting. In a chain of dialogue, the page was holding only 5 paragraphs per page. It was annoying!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #29
_windy
Frances

Yeah, for long dialogue that must be the worst... having to scroll a ton just to read a conversation!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #30
_windy
Frances

Dang, folks... book 1 of The Lighthouse Chronicles, Diamond Dust, has been posted on site! ^__________^ Read it here!

It's a good feeling, to have accomplished that! Thanks for everyone who's stuck with the book over the past few months, patiently dealing with its ups and downs. Book two will begin in the second week of October.

In the meantime, check out my newest serial, Tales of Pneuma -- and we'll see you in October!

Tags
blog, humor, supernatural, webnovel, young adult