Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thank you, jeff
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #17
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Hey Jeff!

Thanks for the free ebook! I look forward to reading it.

Take care my friend!!
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 AM   #18
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Hmm nice been looking for some fantasy recently... Thanks
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #19
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Jeff !
4 more to read, heeeellllp ! (don't know how, nonetheless ) !
I don't dare trying to count all the ebooks I have to read !
I'm like a little child on Christmas morning, going from parcel to parcel, unwrapping one, then going to another, and another one, passing only a few minutes on each of them !
So frustating some time ! I must be stronger ! Stop buying and downloading ! Read !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #20
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
Jeff !
4 more to read, heeeellllp !
Why 4?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Why 4?
The trilogy plus the Sci-Fi one, "Alien Cradle"...
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
So frustating some time ! I must be stronger ! Stop buying and downloading ! Read !
I have to do that about every six months. I impose a moratorium on my self to not download any more free books until I've either read the gems or deleted the dirt clumps. Then after they are finished, I go right back and start reloading my "to be read" list. I'm already far far behind again!

It's a good problem to have!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #23
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
The trilogy plus the Sci-Fi one, "Alien Cradle"...
Ah, thanks. I missed this one.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #24
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Started in the first book of Delver Magic; Very nice!
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:00 AM   #25
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Sorry to be picky, but I had problems trying to change the metadata of Delver Magic Book 1 with mobi2mobi. If I understand the error message it's still in Palm format rather than in mobipocket format.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #26
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Sorry to be picky, but I had problems trying to change the metadata of Delver Magic Book 1 with mobi2mobi. If I understand the error message it's still in Palm format rather than in mobipocket format.

Regards, Alex
You're not being picky. If it's a problem, then I need to try a fix it.

May I ask a couple of questions so I know where to direct my attention?

I've never used mobi2mobi, so please excuse any questions that may not make sense.

Was it the .mobi format, the .prc format, or both formats that caused the error?

Was it the first Delver Magic book Sanctum's Breach that had the formatting problems, or all three?

For information's sake, this is how I performed the formatting.

The books were written in MS Word.
I used the Mobipocket Creator Home edition to create the .prc file format directly from the MS Word doc file.
I used the Read in MS Reader command within Word to turn the Word doc into a .lit file.
I then used calibre on the .lit file to convert it into a .mobi file.

If this is not the best process to use for creating formats, I would appreciate any assistance anyone has to offer. Thank you.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #27
Fathermole
Connoisseur
Fathermole began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Just started the first book ,looks good so far . Thanks Jeff
Fathermole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:22 AM   #28
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
You're not being picky. If it's a problem, then I need to try a fix it.

May I ask a couple of questions so I know where to direct my attention?

I've never used mobi2mobi, so please excuse any questions that may not make sense.

Was it the .mobi format, the .prc format, or both formats that caused the error?

Was it the first Delver Magic book Sanctum's Breach that had the formatting problems, or all three?

For information's sake, this is how I performed the formatting.

The books were written in MS Word.
I used the Mobipocket Creator Home edition to create the .prc file format directly from the MS Word doc file.
I used the Read in MS Reader command within Word to turn the Word doc into a .lit file.
I then used calibre on the .lit file to convert it into a .mobi file.

If this is not the best process to use for creating formats, I would appreciate any assistance anyone has to offer. Thank you.
Thanks, Jinlo.
Mobi2mobi.py is a python script with which one can change the metadata in mobipocket files. I normally put new ebook downloads into the My ebooks folder, and look at them with the mobipocket desktop reader. I could see some things I'd like to change.
More information about mobi2mobi can be found in the ebook format>mobi section of the forum.

To answer your questions in turn:
- It's the mobi versions I have; I don't remember seeing prc versions, though I may have missed them.
- The problem occurs with all three of the Delver Magic series, but not the Alien Cradle ebook. When I try to use the command line version of mobi2mobi on any of the Delver Magic books it returns the error message 'Bogus database name! Is this really a Palm OS file? at Palm.PDB line 537'

After reading your response I wonder if the problem might be with Calibre rather than your file - that is, in the translation from prc to ebup to mobi. But I'm certainly not an expert. I suppose the only way to find out is to run mobi2mobi on the original prc version.

I also wonder why you do this transfer. So far as I know prc files created by Mobipocket Creator are for all practically purposes equivalent to mobi files; they can certainly be read by the Mobipocket reader on my Cybook and by the reader on my desktop.

Hope this helps, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #29
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, Jinlo.
Mobi2mobi.py is a python script with which one can change the metadata in mobipocket files. I normally put new ebook downloads into the My ebooks folder, and look at them with the mobipocket desktop reader. I could see some things I'd like to change.
More information about mobi2mobi can be found in the ebook format>mobi section of the forum.

To answer your questions in turn:
- It's the mobi versions I have; I don't remember seeing prc versions, though I may have missed them.
- The problem occurs with all three of the Delver Magic series, but not the Alien Cradle ebook. When I try to use the command line version of mobi2mobi on any of the Delver Magic books it returns the error message 'Bogus database name! Is this really a Palm OS file? at Palm.PDB line 537'

After reading your response I wonder if the problem might be with Calibre rather than your file - that is, in the translation from prc to ebup to mobi. But I'm certainly not an expert. I suppose the only way to find out is to run mobi2mobi on the original prc version.

I also wonder why you do this transfer. So far as I know prc files created by Mobipocket Creator are for all practically purposes equivalent to mobi files; they can certainly be read by the Mobipocket reader on my Cybook and by the reader on my desktop.

Hope this helps, Alex
Alex:

Thanks very much for all that information.
I downloaded mobi2mobi and tried it on the Delver Magic mobi files and got the exact same error message you received. I also tried it on the Alien Cradle mobi file and I did not get any errors.

This is going to take some time for me to figure out because I'm nearly certain I used the exact same process for all the books in creating different formats. I have no idea at the moment what could be causing the problem for the Delver books and not the Alien Cradle file.

As for why I made the mobi files when I already had the prc files, I made the prc files first. Then I found Calibre and saw that I could also make mobi files. I didn't know if there was a difference or if people had a preference, so I made both. I thought it would be best to offer as many options as possible.

Thanks again. Hopefully, I will figure this out.

Jeff Inlo
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I began the first book this morning on the way to work.

Lowly scribe, it had better be good, because the only reason you

exist is to entertain me. I stopped trampling natiions long enough

to read your foolish prattling, but do not rile me with boring

inanity. I will stride across the countryside, spreading fear and

destruction in my wake, leaving widows to plead for mercy

and men to die as cowards. I will impale them beneath my

spiky heels of glittery ruin. Entire races of mankind will tremble

before my dainty but mighty onslaught.

Hugs & Kisses,

The Snacker of Nations
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote