Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
?????
well you know... how about "engaged TV watching?"
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
well you know... how about "engaged TV watching?"
Oh, I see. You mean like this?

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
... serious TV watching!
That's when your reader shuts itself off because you haven't flipped a page in the last hour.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #19
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
my favorite is the one that I just fast forwarded through so I can get back to serious TV watching!
Lost?
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #20
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalzen View Post
Lost?
yeah, that used to be one of them, but ABC is "not in the local market" where I live and I can't even get it on satellite... which seems incredibly odd to me.
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I like the Diet Pepsi Max commercial, where the guys are getting clobbered in all sorts of manners and say "I'm good!" It ends by saying that guys can handle anything but the taste of diet pop. I'm just cringing, oohing and ouching (and giggling) all the way through that commercial!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #22
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
My favorite TV commercials are the ones I don't see.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #23
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
My favorite TV commercials are the ones I don't see.
sing it sistuh!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Kris, No ABC channels? Where on earth did you move to? Was it also a move back in time or something?

I have a new fave. It's for Vitamin Water 10, and it's a typical office scene. Mother Nature is the boss, a very "Angry Oprah" personality. She's yelling at them about Vitamin Water being "all natural" and infringing on their sales. But what is so funny is the office staff. They are mixed people and animals doing typical office stuff. There's a rabbit saying he needs time off for his wife's 34th delivery of the year. And best of all, there's a deer of some sort sitting on the Xerox machine and copying his butt!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Kris, No ABC channels? Where on earth did you move to? Was it also a move back in time or something?

I have a new fave. It's for Vitamin Water 10, and it's a typical office scene. Mother Nature is the boss, a very "Angry Oprah" personality. She's yelling at them about Vitamin Water being "all natural" and infringing on their sales. But what is so funny is the office staff. They are mixed people and animals doing typical office stuff. There's a rabbit saying he needs time off for his wife's 34th delivery of the year. And best of all, there's a deer of some sort sitting on the Xerox machine and copying his butt!

I saw that for the first time yesterday, and LOVED IT.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #26
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

haha! that sounds like something I could suffer through! actually even with all of my fast forwarding the DVR through commercials, animal commercials will get a look from me. and of course all of the Budweiser/Clydesdale commercials, I have Percheron horses, another type of draft horse so....

I'm on the central coast of Cali, people 3 miles down the road get ABC beats me! but on top of that, before I left WA, the local ABC affiliate got into a dispute with the stellite company and it was taken off of the air there. I dunno, maybe I just have bad ABC juju. I figure their loss, the only things I recorded were The View and Lost. I barely have time to keep up with programs anymore though, I recently found the "Chiller" channel that is rebroadcasting some of my old favorites; Millineum, Poltergeist, Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast...

Last edited by krisk; 04-22-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #27
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
haha! that sounds like something I could suffer through! actually even with all of my fast forwarding the DVR through commercials, animal commercials will get a look from me. and of course all of the Budweiser/Clydesdale commercials, I have Percheron horses, another type of draft horse so....
EVERY animal commercial gets me to stop and watch.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #28
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Dogs see love. Dogs rule

http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/yt-M...e_see_love.swf

WDE. (I'm not saying I necessarily buy this brand, but I like the video)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #29
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Definitely the Hulu ad with Alec Baldwin. I have no idea what Hulu is but some day I may actually look.
Hulu is my lifesaver these days. There are much shorter commercial breaks and it's great for catching up on a show you like but missed.

I've got four TIVOs and I hardly use any of them anymore since I discovered Hulu.

Oh ..... and ..... I saw that Mother Nature Vitamin Water ad the other day. I wasn't watching at first, just heard the dialogue, and didn't think much of that. Then I glanced up and saw a bear in the background. That caught my interest. Now, I can hardly wait to see it again.

Anyone remember the polaroid commercial a few years back, the one where the dog got blamed for tipping over the trash. Then, he gets an idea, and the next time the cat is in the trash, he whips out his handy polaroid camera and presents the evidence to the owner when she comes home.

Oh, and one for Petco, where the pets are making a midnight run to the store, the dog is driving, and you see the cat push a CD of "cat rap" music into the player .... .meaow mi mi mi rrrrrow, meow wow wow meow.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #30
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I thought they put those commercials in to allow you a chance to read a few pages. Last "entertaining" commercial I remember had the monologue, "Here leezard, leezard!" in it.

You young people probably never saw it.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote