Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #16
bighugs
bighugs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader
Me too!
bighugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #17
lawrie
lawrie began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
50% Sale ?

Hi,
I am spent up on the smith's half price sale.
Is the Books on Board sale simply a half price sale the same as smith's?
Or buy one get one free?
I guess my initial reaction was that you could go on forever.
Cheers
Lawrie
lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrie View Post
Hi,
I am spent up on the smith's half price sale.
Is the Books on Board sale simply a half price sale the same as smith's?
Or buy one get one free?
I guess my initial reaction was that you could go on forever.
Cheers
Lawrie
'Tis over now, but was a 100% rebate sale. And yes, you could go on forever. I think I got about $400 in books (list prices, of course) for about a $40 total outlay (and still had $40 credit) in the last year, recycling the same credit over and over. I did buy one or two after they stopped doing the weekly sales and was down to about $20 in credit when this sale started. Due to the short term sale and everyone being out of town, you could only use existing credit or real money to buy on the sale, but everything you spent ended up back in your account this week, to use again.

Think of it as buying gift certificates that have as a bonus a bunch of ebooks. At FW, you can use those gc's to buy books at full price or with lower rewards credits. At BoB, you can use them on any book, even one with 100% rewards back (making those truly 100% free once you have enough credits in your "bank").
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #19
KJohnson
KJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony505
Enjoyed the commentary on the forum. As noted by the posters, our Rewards program is unique in that you can use Rewards to buy eBooks and get Rewards on the new titles you buy. While our Rewards are not often at 100%, they are frequently available at some level on many of our titles, this in addition to our regular discounts. People do roll them forward as described in this thread. We expect that to happen, although that is not the purpose of the 100% Rewards offers when we do them. The primary purpose of any Rewards program is to keep it "interesting" for our registered customers. As the one poster pointed out, this was only advertised to subscribers of our mailer and our RSS feed. We did not put out a press release or advertise this elsewhere.

Between the unique ability to "double-dip" on Rewards and the fact that we do not charge extra for transactions below $5, and our straight discounts (like some of our competitors), we end up, on average, at a lower total cost than anyone else in the typical annual market basket of eBooks when one buys from us on a regular basis.

Two other notes: The first poster commented that she did not expect a response until after the weekend. In fact, as noted by her in a later post, she received a response early Saturday morning since we, unlike most others, keep support open 7 days a week. Our support is very customer-focused and very responsive. We have thousands of testimonial emails to that effect. We do this because we know that downloading an eBook or a downloadable audio book across the universe of formats and devices is not always an easy task, particularly when someone gets a new device or after an update to one of the formats. It's impossible to make things work for every customer with the technologies available, but we try very hard.

And, yes, on programs this aggressive, we typically post the Rewards after the close of the program so that the program does not become an endless bonanza of free eBooks. Rewards Dollars are designed as Rewards and incentive, not to be the figurative equivalent of an iceberg hitting the Titanic, but instead to be rocket fuel to launch our customers more readily into the world of digital content. We expect to be around for a very long time supporting our customers and their bookshelves, and will continue to steer clear of icebergs. We were founded in part as a response to Amazon deleting over a hundred thousand customer bookshelves in 2005 and Barnes and Noble doing the same thing about 18 months earlier. Keeping customer bookshelves intact for the long run is a core part of our mission. The bigger challenge on bookshelves is to deal with changing part numbers from distributors and publishers that occasionally withdraw eBooks from circulation. This is one of the reasons, we are the only ebookstore currently taking product from three major distributors as well as direct from publishers. It often allows us to provide an eBook from an alternative source when one fails to continue to provide the title.

To all who took advantage of our recent 100% Rewards promotion, Thank you for choosing to shop with BooksOnBoard.

Kurt Johnson
BooksOnBoard
KJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson View Post
To all who took advantage of our recent 100% Rewards promotion, Thank you for choosing to shop with BooksOnBoard.

Kurt Johnson
BooksOnBoard
Hi Kurt.

Welcome and thanks for posting. You are really enamored of that Titanic story eh?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #21
arshield
Enthusiast
arshield is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I haven't received my rebate yet. I purchased on January 1 and again on January 2. When should I contact customer service?
arshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #22
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I purchased my books on the 1st and received my rebates yesterday.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #23
KJohnson
KJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony505
Arshield,

You may need to forward your receipts to rewards@booksonboard.com

Instructions for claiming your Rewards Dollars are located in our Help section:

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=help

Please also never hesitate to contact our customer support. The email is monitored 7 days a week and evenings too.

Thank you for shopping with Books On Board.

Kurt Johnson

(I always love a good seafaring yarn, especially one with icebergs & Kate Winslet)
KJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson View Post
Arshield,

You may need to forward your receipts to rewards@booksonboard.com

Instructions for claiming your Rewards Dollars are located in our Help section:

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=help

Please also never hesitate to contact our customer support. The email is monitored 7 days a week and evenings too.

Thank you for shopping with Books On Board.

Kurt Johnson

(I always love a good seafaring yarn, especially one with icebergs & Kate Winslet)
Is there any way BoB can automate the rewards program. I think the rewards program Bob have is great but it is an inconvenience to have to send an email for every purchase.

I rather like the way Fictionwise automatically allocates the rebates to the account.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #25
Bleuwhale
Bleuwhale began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Reader PRS-700
Hi KJ...

I'M A HUGE FAN OF BOB! But WH Smith kicked your ass with their 50% sale - and I splurged over US$160 with them just last week. Ha.

I've gotten 8 books from BOB since I established an account just one week ago... Might U consider giving your new fan some extra discounts just to entice him to spend more? =)
Bleuwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #26
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Is there any way BoB can automate the rewards program. I think the rewards program Bob have is great but it is an inconvenience to have to send an email for every purchase.

I rather like the way Fictionwise automatically allocates the rebates to the account.

=X=
I have to agree--especially since I think I emailed my receipt to the wrong address and didn't get credit for Reward Dollars right at the end of the year.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #27
Donna Wright
Donna Wright began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question do you know if the 100% rebate will work with mobi format books

If it will work with mobi format books, do they have enough of them in that format to make it worth joining? Are they cheaper than or more expensive than Amazon?
Donna Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #28
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Wright View Post
If it will work with mobi format books, do they have enough of them in that format to make it worth joining? Are they cheaper than or more expensive than Amazon?
Let's see … yes, Rewards Dollars work with every format (the 100% rebate is over though). Yes, they have many Mobipocket e-books (114323 at the moment). The prices are sometimes cheaper and sometimes more expensive than Amazon, especially new bestsellers are mostly cheaper from Amazon.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #29
arshield
Enthusiast
arshield is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Still no rewards

I sent a request to customer service on the 8th and still no rewards.
arshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshield View Post
I sent a request to customer service on the 8th and still no rewards.
Did you send it to rewards @ booksonboard.com? All I've ever had to do is forward my receipt email to that address and usually have credit the same day or the next day.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote