Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2022, 04:11 PM   #16
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's useful to know if you ever need to get at the SD card in case you ever need to replace it because it's starting to fail.
agreed. although i doubt the success rate will be high. time will tell of course it usually does.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:10 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
agreed. although i doubt the success rate will be high. time will tell of course it usually does.

best wishes koboy
If the card is failing, you either give it a go or you buy another Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2022, 05:52 PM   #18
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
If the card is failing, you either give it a go or you buy another Reader.
of course have a go you might as well. it's the reason why i won't buy a waterproof ereader especially if it uses an SD card for storage.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:52 PM   #19
ilovekobo
ilovekobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
It's useful to know if you ever need to get at the SD card in case you ever need to replace it because it's starting to fail.
And in my case I already have a perfectly preserved sdcard image in my PC as a backup. And the investment in the conformal coating will pay off one day when I need to change the battery. The battery connection terminal is soldered on and coated by waterproof coating as well.
ilovekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:35 PM   #20
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekobo View Post
And in my case I already have a perfectly preserved sdcard image in my PC as a backup. And the investment in the conformal coating will pay off one day when I need to change the battery. The battery connection terminal is soldered on and coated by waterproof coating as well.
can you share the sd card image?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2022, 03:04 AM   #21
ilovekobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
can you share the sd card image?
If I can work out how to delete my Kobo serial number and any other personal info from it. And it's also not original version anymore because I have installed the Kobo cloud patch
Old 08-17-2022, 07:17 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
How hard was it to 'pop' off the back cover housing from the front assembly on the Kobo Libra 2?

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:44 AM   #23
ilovekobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
How hard was it to 'pop' off the back cover housing from the front assembly on the Kobo Libra 2?

Thanks.
Fairly easy, I use a thin plastic that resembles a guitar pick to slide along the tiny gap between the cover and the body. The clips just naturally pop off during the slide. There is no cable connected or breakable tiny parts along the way. And there is no waterproof seal to worry about when you out it back on as the waterproofing is through the coating on the PCB and parts inside.
Old 07-13-2023, 06:20 AM   #24
reader1xz
reader1xz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hey I've replaced my SD card thanks to this guide. For the conformal coating I'm tentative to apply. Did you apply the coating to the SD card over the whole card (i.e. removing and coating all the card) and coat the internal slot of the SD card reader. Or do you believe it would be better to simply coat over the SD card reader/SD card and coat the exposed areas because I'm unsure if the coating can cause issue to the SD card connection for the card and reader, yet I'm hesitant if that's enough to seal it. Thanks
reader1xz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:46 AM   #25
ilovekobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader1xz View Post
Hey I've replaced my SD card thanks to this guide. For the conformal coating I'm tentative to apply. Did you apply the coating to the SD card over the whole card (i.e. removing and coating all the card) and coat the internal slot of the SD card reader. Or do you believe it would be better to simply coat over the SD card reader/SD card and coat the exposed areas because I'm unsure if the coating can cause issue to the SD card connection for the card and reader, yet I'm hesitant if that's enough to seal it. Thanks
I simply coat the entire reader with the card inserted. Therefore it protects the entire thing from moisture. So far no issue with connection between the card and reader.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:31 PM   #26
reader1xz
reader1xz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekobo View Post
I simply coat the entire reader with the card inserted. Therefore it protects the entire thing from moisture. So far no issue with connection between the card and reader.
Okay happy to hear there is no issues with the connection. Thanks for the response and guide again!
reader1xz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:58 PM   #27
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Once you have cleaned it then mirror copy the card to your new card, apply the necessary steps to manage the partition etc." Can anyone point me to how to 'apply the steps to manage the partition'. Using a Mac with Sonoma OS. Thank you.
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 05:37 PM   #28
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have just pried the back off my Libra H2O and the SD card isn't even visible. It would seem to be on the underside of the circuit board... That would mean unscrewing at least four tiny screws to have even a hope of reaching it. I guess they must have changed the board design since the original Libra mentioned above?
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:26 PM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The Libra H2O is an older device than the Libra 2 and not a variant of the same model.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:42 PM   #30
Fritomaster
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EGegege
Can you do this on a kobo sage?
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libra 2, sdcard