Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2022, 06:01 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Quoth, Sirtel, and I have all posted about button issues.

There have been posts about some patches causing slow downs, particularly for the Libra 2.
I thought the button issues are for the Sage. BookCat as using 4.32 unpatched.

Which patches cause a slowdown?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:07 PM   #17
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I thought the button issues are for the Sage. BookCat as using 4.32 unpatched.

Which patches cause a slowdown?
The style ones namely the ligature one which is true even in the use of the config file. It’s not a huge slow down but it’s there.

I’m presuming Sage button issues can also mean Libra 2 button issues. They aren’t big enough so most people might overlook them entirely. 4.32 did reduce them from earlier firmware.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2022, 06:11 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
The style ones namely the ligature one which is true even in the use of the config file. It’s not a huge slow down but it’s there.

I’m presuming Sage button issues can also mean Libra 2 button issues. They aren’t big enough so most people might overlook them entirely. 4.32 did reduce them from earlier firmware.
I have never had any button issues with the Libra 2 on any firmware. I've had them with the Sage on all firmware versions, though.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:22 AM   #19
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
The button issue has completely gone away now. After dismissing the brightness/font menus where the buttons have been used for turning these functions up/down, they now revert to being page turn buttons.

With the update they continued to turn the brightness (or whatever) up or down, instead of turning the page.

Rolling back the firmware fixed this. I also reinstalled patches.

I would rather not upgrade the Libra 2 to 4.32.
Even my Kindle PW2 works happily on the old 5.9.7 firmware - the one which allows sideloaded fonts.

As with Windows 7, I prefer to stay with a winning formula until it's no longer possible; such as when this laptop gives up the ghost.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:54 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've never used the buttons for anything other then page turns just to try them. I always use the touch screen for changing settings.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, firmware update, libra 2