Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #16
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
the question is whether I should ask about something in 'E-Book Software' for all FanFicFare users or for a sub-sub-forum in Calibre > Plugins for plugin users as I'd originally planned.
I think an subforum in the eBook software would be better, it makes more sense seeing that FFF is not just an plugin.
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yup, not just a plugin. Definitely don't stick standalone programs/services under calilbre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #18
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Organizationally, a sub-forum for FanFicFare under 'E-Book Software' makes sense. FanFicFare has three versions: Calibre plugin, CLI and web service.

The question is whether the community is big enough to justify it, especially since the most active part of the community is for the plugin specifically.

The existing Google Group has 328 members, but few active users. It's primarily used as a place to report problems.

When I asked on the Google Group about moving everything here instead, the response was quite small--only two, and one of those opposed.

Even if the the mods decide the community size is too small for a 'E-Book Software' level sub-forum, I think that a sub-forum under Calibre > Plugins would be justified due to the amount of traffic and different topics that have been covered in the single plugin thread in past.

I'll send a PM to Alexander Turcic pointing out this thread as previously suggested.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #19
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I for one think it would be a good idea with a sub-forum. It would be easier to search and hopefully find help than in one large thread.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote