Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #16
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Click with caution, supposed to be free at Amazon too but it's not showing as free for me[geo-restricted], so I'm posting KOBO link: Dare to Love - Carly Phillips
blurb: When it comes to family, Ian Dare gives his all but in relationships he offers the bare minimum. Until one glimpse of sensual Riley Taylor arouses his dominant and protective instincts. He will do anything to possess her ... and does. But any future with Riley must include him dealing his half-brother who is a constant reminder of the pain he'd rather forget.

Riley Taylor believes herself immune to domineering men - until charismatic Ian Dare turns a simple kiss into an all out assault on her senses and she discovers she likes his brand of control in the bedroom. As their affair heats up, they soon realize they complete each other in ways neither imagined. But Riley's past is closer than she cares to remember, and her struggles with Ian's dominance might just cost her everything. (love story, contemporary romance, alpha heroes, beach reads, sports heroes, bad boys, billionaire)
Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #17
mommyofkings
BookAdventurer
mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle
Thank you, and will be sending you karma!

It was free for me, just now at 8:45pm eastern time zone...http://www.amazon.com/Dare-Love-Carl.../dp/B00GQE9CXA
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Shroud of Fog by Janice Kay Johnson
(A Cape Trouble Romantic Suspense Novel)
Note: RITA winner and Harlequin Author

A Matter of Trust by Deb Stover
Zebra 1999

I appreciate those who are new posting freebies but can you please add who the book is by. It saves time not having to click on every link because you don't know who the author is. Thanks.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-03-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #19
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free: King's by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
blurb: When Mia Turner's brother goes missing in Mexico, while on an archaeological dig, she believes that life couldn't get much worse. But when she's blocked at every turn from finding answers, by both local and U.S. authorities, she must turn to a man she swears is the devil.

Others might be fooled by his private jet, fine tailored suits, and disarming smile, but Mia knows something dark, sinister, and unnatural lurks behind those penetrating, pale-gray eyes. And the more she learns, the more she realizes she may never be free again.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #20
Blue2u
Wizard

Weekly report time! I was really good this week, only bought 3 books for $2.60. Because hub took vacation this past week and we were busy getting stuff done around the house/yard, only had time to read 3 books though. I know for sure I'll be buying 2 on Monday night, Opposition - Jennifer L. Armentrout and Lay it Down - Cara McKenna. Can't wait and will be reading those both immediately.

How about you guys, how was your week in books?
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #21
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Conflict of Interest by Jayne Castle (C+/3 stars)
  • The Heart's Victory by Nora Roberts (D+/2 stars)
  • Falling for Max (Kowalski Family #9) by Shannon Stacey (A/5 stars)
  • Ladder to the Red Star (Once Upon a Red World #2) by Jael Wye (A/5 stars)
  • The Girl Next Door by Carolin Anderson (D/1 star)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9) by Jill Shalvis (B-/3 stars)
  • Whirlwind Courtship by Jayne Taylor (B-/3 stars)
  • Song of the West by Nora Roberts (C-/2 stars)
  • Seven-Night Stand (Harrington Airfield #1) by Nicole Helm (A-/5 stars)
I only purchased one book this week. It was a read-on-release-day-gotta-have-it. I am being good and waiting for the Kobo contest for the other new releases I want. When the urge to buy strikes I keep telling myself to go shopping in my Calibre library

I managed to get caught up on Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series in time for the next trilogy. I've read books 2-9 plus the three novellas this year. That was one of my big reading goals for the year so it feels good to get that checked off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 8-3.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	126292  
Old 08-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #22
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Red at Night
by Katie McGarry
Harlequin Special Releases Apr 2014 Miniseries: Harlequin More Than Words Category: Contemporary Romance

Quote:
Back of the Book

More Than Words:
Bestselling authors and real-life heroines

Every year, Harlequin's More Than Words award is given to three real-life heroines, women whose courage and vision have helped change people's lives for the better. Once again, three bestselling Harlequin authors have written stories inspired by these remarkable women.

In Red at Night, Stella and Jonah are total opposites. She's the girl with purple hair from the wrong part of town. He's a high school senior who hangs with the cool crowd. Until a car accident leaves him haunted by guilt, and Jonah starts spending time at Stella's favorite refuge…the local cemetery.

Stella knows she should keep her distance—after all, she spent her girlhood being bullied by Jonah's friends. Once he's sorted out his tangled emotions, Jonah won't have time for her anymore. Too bad she's already fallen for him….

Look for all three ebooks inspired by real-life heroines: Red at Night by Katie McGarry, You Are Here by Liz Fichera and The Gift of a Good Start by Earl Sewell. Visit the Harlequin More Than Words website, at www.harlequinmorethanwords.com, or your favorite ebook retailer to download these free novellas today.
HQN: http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.h...BT3hZbB87hIZab

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/red-...BT3hZbB87hIZab

Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebo...BT3hZbB87hIZab

Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/Night-Harlequin...BT3hZbB87hIZab

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Night-Harlequi...BT3hZbB87hIZab
Old 08-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #23
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Read

Under the covers......Rebecca Zanetti.....3.75
Forgotten Sins.........Rebecca Zanetti......4
Blind Faith.................Rebecca Zanetti......3.75
Then Came You.........Jill Shalvis.................4..... Fun, light and a lot like Animal Magnetism

Bought

Rogue Spy....Joanna Bourne....pre order
Old 08-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #24
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Better reading week for me . . .

Show No Fear (SEAL Team Twelve #7) by Marliss Melton - 3.5
Hell Yeah (Honky Tonk #2) by Carolyn Brown - 2
MacRieve (IAD #14) by Kresley Cole - 4.5
Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire #1) by J.R. Rain - 3.5
Run to You by Charlotte Stein - 4

And only 3 purchases
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8-3.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	126309  
Old 08-04-2014, 04:47 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
A lot of rereading this week (almost all the month):

Name:	Lect_20140727.GIF
Views:	299
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	126317

And some purchases, but not a lot. And PERKOPOLIS still works:

Name:	Compra_20140727.GIF
Views:	323
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	126316
Old 08-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #26
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
I haven't posted for the weekly confession check-in for quite some time. My life's gone a little wackadoodle with work and while I've come and lurked, I just haven't taken the time to post. But I've been buying (and how!) and I've been reading. The reading I'm proud of, but the buying... I think I need the accountability again of seeing the damage each week

Weekly purchases - $27.42 - average $3.05. Higher than usual because I made more 2.99 and one 3.99 purchase than usual. But if you divide by the actual stories (2 anthologies included), it's more like $2.44.

Name:	08.04.14.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	126323

Weekly reads:

Name:	read_08.04.14.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	126324
Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #27
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Samhain has a bunch of Shelli Stevens freebies
Old 08-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #28
Blue2u
Wizard

Ugh, these darn geo-restrictions are ticking me off. This is supposed to be free at Amazon, but again I'm posting KOBO link because it's the only one showing free for me.

MC Kobo Freebie: Shooter by Dahlia West
blurb: Chris “Shooter” Sullivan has returned to his home town of Rapid City, South Dakota to pick up the pieces of his life shattered by a roadside bomb in Iraq. He only wants to focus on holding what’s left of his old unit together, running his garage where he builds custom bikes and cars, and pretending that his murdered father’s motorcycle gang doesn’t exist.

Hayley Turner is a young woman with her own traumatic past. Fresh off the bus from Nowhere, USA, all she wants is a job and a place to live, until it’s time for her to leave again. She doesn’t want to make friends, or enemies, least of all the ex-Army Ranger who obviously doesn’t like her. She bristles under his watchful eye. He’s even got her convinced she’s bad news.

But circumstances force two people who don’t need anyone to need each other more and more. The more Chris gets to know Hayley, the harder it is to stay detached. And the more Hayley gets to know Chris, the more she realizes she’s been alone for so long she might never recover from it.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #29
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
showing up as Free at Amazon - http://amazon.com/dp/B00FMF21QO/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Ugh, these darn geo-restrictions are ticking me off. This is supposed to be free at Amazon, but again I'm posting KOBO link because it's the only one showing free for me.

MC Kobo Freebie: Shooter by Dahlia West
blurb: Chris “Shooter” Sullivan has returned to his home town of Rapid City, South Dakota to pick up the pieces of his life shattered by a roadside bomb in Iraq. He only wants to focus on holding what’s left of his old unit together, running his garage where he builds custom bikes and cars, and pretending that his murdered father’s motorcycle gang doesn’t exist.

Hayley Turner is a young woman with her own traumatic past. Fresh off the bus from Nowhere, USA, all she wants is a job and a place to live, until it’s time for her to leave again. She doesn’t want to make friends, or enemies, least of all the ex-Army Ranger who obviously doesn’t like her. She bristles under his watchful eye. He’s even got her convinced she’s bad news.

But circumstances force two people who don’t need anyone to need each other more and more. The more Chris gets to know Hayley, the harder it is to stay detached. And the more Hayley gets to know Chris, the more she realizes she’s been alone for so long she might never recover from it.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Checking in.

I had a real busy weekend! We went to the in-laws to celebrate hubby's birthday. I was afraid it would be stressful with hubby not finding a job yet but no one blew up at anyone and we had a nice time. I fixed Dad's computer for him. His browser got hijacked so I got rid of the baddies and installed a ad blocker which should keep it from happening again.

I am still reading Book 5 of Cat & Bones series. I'm about 20% in so far so good.

I have spent the week playing Sims 2 and reconnecting with a few old Sims 2 buddies I haven't talk to in years so I haven't got alot of reading done. Sims 2 is not a simple game. It's so complex and it taken me days just to remember or find what is needed. I did however get a 90% off coupon from Kobo so I bought 3 books! About 45-50 cents a piece.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	booksboughtaug1.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	126345  
Closed Thread