Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #16
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The OP said nothing about tablets. The OP asked which devices can sync with an Android phone.
Like I said I guess that's just how I took the statements below along with the interest in Google Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh05magnum View Post
Is there another device that could do what I want? I don't care if it's a Kindle, just needs to be able to go to last page read between devices really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh05magnum View Post
She said no to an e-reader before because she always has her phone with her when she wants to read, so I need an e-reader that I can keep the books synced between the devices, synced meaning what books are there, and what page she is on.

Josh
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:26 AM   #17
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Moon+ Reader for Android will sync reading state and books between a phone and tablet via Dropbox, I just checked their FAQ.

@gabby98 - I interpreted the op's post the same way you did. Other 'devices' would imply Android tablets are also a possibility.

So, something like a Nexus 7 and Android mobile both running Moon+ Reader would be a good alternative to Kindle/mobile phone.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #18
josh05magnum
josh05magnum began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks for all the input everyone!
I ended up getting a Kindle Paperwhite.
I found that as some had said, if I emailed the MOBI to the Kindle Email Address for that device, then performed a sync on my android phone with the Kindle App, the books do in fact sync last read page just fine, which was the whole point of what my original question was about.

I do wish there was a way to bulk import books to the device and sync them to her phone as well (as another had posted, copying them to the paperwhite via USB does not accomplish this), but this accomplished what I needed overall.

Now we will just have to wait a few weeks until I give it to her and see if she likes/uses it.

Almost makes me want to start reading again playing with it!

Thanks again for the ideas/help/suggestions/etc everyone.

Oh, and as a side note, seeing as it was mentioned by a few folks- she has a Nexus 7 already, so I suppose I could have just done the Kindle App on there as well, but with summer being here, I figured she would want to read more outside on the patio, and the Paperwhite sounds like it excels at that.

Last edited by josh05magnum; 05-29-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Added Info
josh05magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #19
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
glad to hear you found what you wanted...Good luck with her using it...on the bright side though, if she doesn't you already know you like it
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #20
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Good to know you've got it sorted josh05magnum. I hope she likes her gift and falls in love with it
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
aldiko, e-reader, google play books, kindle