Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What do we call this guy?
Taylor514ce 1 2.94%
@55h013 0 0%
Taylor 3 8.82%
PlanetHead 1 2.94%
Death Plane 0 0%
Leaden Path 1 2.94%
Dental Heap 0 0%
Marvin 8 23.53%
WD-40 5 14.71%
T 1 2.94%
Gimboo 0 0%
42 2 5.88%
Karma Whore (or KH) 2 5.88%
Mozzler of Emotifaction (Moe!) 4 11.76%
The blue one, next to the fish. 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #16
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Oh, please. I'm not that kind of robot. I'm not a robot at all, I'm an android. An android saddled with a prototype G.P.P.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #17
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Andy Roïd.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Un robot ne doit faire aucun tort à un homme, à moins qu'il trouve un moyen de prouver qu'en fin de compte le tort qu'il aura causé profite à l'humanité en général!

Cheers,
Marc (Am I breaking the Fifth Law?)
hmmm... i don't remember that one...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #19
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I'll see your Andy Roid, and raise you one Al Gore Rhythm.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #20
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Oh, please. I'm not that kind of robot.
Oh, sure, that's what they all say.

Quote:
I'm not a robot at all, I'm an android. An android saddled with a prototype G.P.P.
Oh, right, fair'nuff then. It makes sense, as all the "Genuine People" I know are paranoid and depressed.

How I hate the night.

Cheers,
Marc (A Prozac a day keeps the doctor in yachting)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
The Fifth Law - a perhaps obscure, derivative reference:

"A robot must know it is a robot"

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Kesarovski)

I think, therefore I'm depressed.

I ink, therefore I attest.

I drink, therefore I'm undressed.

I blink, therefore I'm impressed.

I stink, therefore I have messed.

I wink, therefore I do jest.

I rethink, therefore I've regressed.

Mummy?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #22
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Les lois de la robotique de Isaac Asimov.
This one is the last that was profered when the Robot had finally killed a man. Killing killed him.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ah, thanks for clearing that up. j'en étais restée à 3.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #24
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I'll see your Andy Roid, and raise you one Al Gore Rhythm.
You're 12 behold.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #25
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I'm going to call you Chris. Can I call you Chris? I like the name Chris. It's a good name. I once knew this guy Chris. He was Australian, but in a good way. His name was Chris. Well actually it was Christopher, but we called him Chris. So can I call you Chris? I knew some other guys named Chris. Now Chris, the Australian Chris, was out there. He was a real hoot. Chris was an insane driver. This one time I was out with Chris and he went around a corner that normally we go like 35mph around, but he took it at nearly 70mph. But since he was Australian I guess it was more like 112km/h. Google conversions is so handy, don't you think? Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, Chris. Well the car nearly turned over, but guess what? Chris didn't slow down at all! Boy that was scary. I'd tell you where Chris is today, but I don't know. After college Chris went back to Australia and we lost touch. I hope he's well, he was a fun person. So probably won't hear from Chris again. Oh well. You know, Bob's a nice name too. Maybe I'll call you Bob.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #26
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
No, Chris was from South Africa. After grad school he went to NYC rather than going back to SA. This was in the late 70s when a lot of investment firms were starting to offer portfolios of stock with no South African investments -- an early politically correct thing. Chris just voted with his future. Call it "Brain Drain."

2B or not 2B, which apartment did ZP say she was in? Would a rose by the name of WD40 lubricate as well? And why do New York City taxis have to have a pound of butter in them at all times? Do they allow dogs in taxis? What if VR wanted to go to the opera (to watch the fat lady sing)? Besides he was having an affair with a hydrant on Henry Street.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #27
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Rappaport, what happened to you? You used to be a short fat guy, and now you're a tall skinny guy with a planet sized head.
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #28
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
no option for ........ Sir ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Subliminal message: Planet Head is an It. An It, I say! Don't give names to androids.
It.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #30
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Majesty ...

( No subliminals in this post ) vr
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness