Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #16
duncombe
duncombe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
And for me the problem is now fixed in 0.8.60!
duncombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #17
draggun
draggun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
still have the problem in 0.8.60,

(process:26255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_main_context_pop_thread_default: assertion `g_queue_peek_head (stack) == context' failed

Ubuntu 11.04 , moved bearer
draggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #18
juki
juki began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Same for me. Had this problem both in 0.8.59 and in 0.8.60
juki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Not solved for me either in 0.8.60.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
draggun
draggun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
gone back to 0.8.58, no problem.
draggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
rajil.s
rajil.s began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Not fixed in 0.8.60 for me too on gentoo.
rajil.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Using this info, try again in the next release.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #23
Vide
Vide began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Incredible
I'm having exactly the same issue, Ubuntu 11.10, gnome-shell. Calibre 8.59 and 8.60. debug output is

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.60
Linux-3.0.0-22-generic-x86_64-with-debian-wheezy-sid
Linux
('Linux', '3.0.0-22-generic', '#36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 12 17:37:42 UTC 2012')
Python 2.7.3
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
Starting up...
Started up in 12.87 seconds with 2281 books

(process:2188): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_main_context_pop_thread_default: assertion `g_queue_peek_head (stack) == context' failed

BUT, if I double-click the .mobi file I want to add whilst calibre is open, it is added successfully.

Hope that helps.

Vincent
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:13 AM   #24
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kovid uploaded a new 0.8.60 build around an hour ago that might fix this problem.

From: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+...9/comments/30:
Quote:
I just had an idea. I suspect this is caused by an incompatibility between the versions of libglib on your systems and the version of libglib that the qt libraries in the calibre bundle were compiled against. So I've added libglib to the list of bundled libraries. That should hopefully fix this. I've uploaded a new build of 0.8.60 so just re-run the install command and see if it works.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
This last fix (bundling libglib) appears to work in my system. It seems calibre is becoming a full OS by itself
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #26
Vide
Vide began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Incredible
yeah that last fix worked for me too. Thanks Kovid!
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Glad to hear it
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote