Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldThreader View Post
thats unfortunate for this site to be limited to just calibre as if other things couldnt exists
This site isn't limited to calibre as previous posts have pointed out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
That'd be a better question for the General forum.
or this one ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
There are other forums here at Mobileread that are suitable for this conversation.
The forum you chose to post in however is clearly marked as the calibre forum.

Quote:
if i could get it to work then it would be worth the extra wait because it fits the images perfectly might help if it could create a table of contents or combine books but those arent features it has even then it doesnt like the file sizes
If you want help with specific problems create a new thread. You've already poisoned this thread by starting this thread asking for alternatives not for help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
i have no idea how to get it to work the way i exspect it to and without crashing or things like that and no my primary complaints are its speed, lack of step by step instructions and things like that if i could get it to work then it would be worth the extra wait because it fits the images perfectly might help if it could create a table of contents or combine books but those arent features it has even then it doesnt like the file sizes
Curious, what specs does your computer have (CPU, RAM, operating system)? As mentioned before, image processing can be very processor-intensive so if you've got a slow computer, then there's not much calibre can do about speed. As for the step by step instructions, the manual is pretty good and covers a lot of topics. Unfortunately, the help you're asking for is outside the scope of the calibre program. Frankly, I'd very be irritated if I saw instructions for every little thing (e.g. how to rename files, create folders, create zip files, etc) in the calibre manual.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 02:48 AM   #18
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
If you want help with specific problems create a new thread. You've already poisoned this thread by starting this thread asking for alternatives not for help.
see this is what im talking about was this necessary? and instead of saying things like that why not try linking me to the correct place to post the question? i dont see how you can tell me i should ask for help if your just going to say im poisoning the threads does not make me think highly of the people here
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:55 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
GoldThreader,

People here at MR will be delighted to assist you, but you've got to use the forums correctly. This, as its name tells you, is the Calibre forum; what you've done is the equivalent of walking into a Ford dealership and saying: " I don't like Fords; what should I buy instead?" Naturally nobody in this forum is going to look kindly on such a question.

Ask somewhere more appropriate, and you'll get all the help you want.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-17-2011 at 02:59 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
see this is what im talking about was this necessary? and instead of saying things like that why not try linking me to the correct place to post the question?
Asking for help on using calibre in the calibre forum is fine but this particular thread is already poisoned and you would do better asking for specific help in a new thread.

Quote:
i dont see how you can tell me i should ask for help if your just going to say im poisoning the threads does not make me think highly of the people here
You aren't poisoning "the threads" but this thread is poisoned as explained in multiple posts by more than a couple of people. As explained by HarryT common sense would have told most folks not to post this topic in the calibre forum. The easiest way to move forward is to move off of this thread into a more productive thread.

Good Luck with your book creation.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #21
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Asking for help on using calibre in the calibre forum is fine but this particular thread is already poisoned and you would do better asking for specific help in a new thread.

You aren't poisoning "the threads" but this thread is poisoned as explained in multiple posts by more than a couple of people. As explained by HarryT common sense would have told most folks not to post this topic in the calibre forum. The easiest way to move forward is to move off of this thread into a more productive thread.

Good Luck with your book creation.
kudos to this and your previous replies. This really is the right forum for the question. Though he hasn't yet chimed in, I very much doubt Kovid would be offended and might well offer alternatives.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote