Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #16
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
the part of the wiki for link2sd seems clear to me. Can you explain where the method fails for you?

Note: With link2sd I wasn't able to move currently installed application to the sd,: link2sd freezes with "moving app to sd". Instead, I could install new app to the sd
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3l7d0wN View Post
the part of the wiki for link2sd seems clear to me. Can you explain where the method fails for you?

Note: With link2sd I wasn't able to move currently installed application to the sd,: link2sd freezes with "moving app to sd". Instead, I could install new app to the sd
You have to use "Link to SD"... not "Move to SD"...

Another thing... with Link2SD you can get some free space in "data"... never in "system"...

Last edited by j0534ng31; 01-24-2012 at 03:34 PM.
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
I was able to install Link2SD 1.9.9. But after restarting T1, Link2sd did not work. The link2sd button was not clickable.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

strange, link2sd is installed after reboot? (check in application manager)
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #20
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
No, I installed link2sd first, and then restarted the T1 to make link2sd works as instructed in the wiki:
Quote:
Install "Link2SD v1.9.9" from:
Android Market
nemo3146 dropbox (original supplier)
j0534ng31 multiupload (mirror - permanent location needed)
Ensure that "USB debug mode" option is enabled in "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" (I'm not sure this is actually necessary. I disabled USB debug mode and it seems everything is working fine)
Power off the device (press and hold the power button until it is off) and then turn it on
When I filtered movable apps on link2sd and chose Create link (after long tap on the app - short tap bring up the screen where Create link button is not clickable), this message appeared:
Quote:
Second partition not found
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2: device not found
Make sure you have two partitions on your SD card and both are primary.
So the error occurred just because I didn't have 2 primary partitions on my SD? So how to create another primary partition on linux? (sorry for the idiot question, I don't know anything about linux!)

Last edited by vietchovui; 01-25-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add error details
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #21
m3l7d0wN
Zealot

yes, you need 2 primary partition on the eternal sd.
In linux, start cfdisk /dev/sd* (i.e. /dev/sda, /dev/sdb...) under root (sudo su or su)
Make sure you're modifying your sd and not your hard drive.
delete all partitions and make 2 partitions as eplained in the wiki.
Change the type to modify to linux and w95 fat32.
write to disk and exit. Format your partition with mkfs.vfat and mkfs.ext3
WARNING: using cfdisk the wrong way, you can destroy you hard drive.. you're warned
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
rostamiani
rostamiani began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
so, /mnt does not exist? well.... change it to /tmp or do a mkdir /mnt
The wiki updated
But now there is no /tmp directory !
I have 1.0.4 firmware
rostamiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
what exactly are you trying to achieve? make link2sd working? resize system partition? repartition whole internal memory?
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
rostamiani

Quote:
what exactly are you trying to achieve? make link2sd working? resize system partition? repartition whole internal memory?
I want to achieve more space for installed applications
Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #25
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

well, i guessed that.

but HOW?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
rostamiani

Quote:
well, i guessed that.

but HOW?
I don't know witch way is better !
This is what I'm trying to do :

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...r_of_inodes.29
Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #27
uboot
Evangelist

But this inode thingy has nothing to do with free space for installed apps!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #28
rostamiani

Quote:
But this inode thingy has nothing to do with free space for installed apps!
Thanks
I don't know what inod is ! But this is a solution for "No space left on system partition" error !
What should I do to install more apps to my T1 ?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #29
uboot
Evangelist

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=inodes

you should go the link2sd route as described in the wiki.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #30
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=inodes

you should go the link2sd route as described in the wiki.
or go here and read http://translate.google.com/translat...D22502&act=url
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote