Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #16
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
I think I'll wait and see if there are any Black Friday/Monday/Boxing Day specials. I'd want at least a 16GB and keep a few Doctor Who's on board.
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #17
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Note that ES File Explorer understands LANs and Windows Networking. I have it happily browsing several network shares on Windows PCs and I can view videos.

I haven't yet figured out if I can watch DVDs. But I'll likely continue to watch DVDs on my 17" laptop. Note that I do not own a TV.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone, Kobo Vox
i wanna use it as a mp3 player?! I probably will get a 16GB~
kikibay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
BTW I tried listening to an MP3 and reading a book at the same time. As soon as I went away from the player app it stopped playing. So I think I'll keep using my el cheapo $5 MP3 player.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
BTW I tried listening to an MP3 and reading a book at the same time. As soon as I went away from the player app it stopped playing. So I think I'll keep using my el cheapo $5 MP3 player.
that sucks
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #21
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Were you using the external speaker or using earphones? Or maybe dosen't matter
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #22
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1959 View Post
Were you using the external speaker or using earphones? Or maybe dosen't matter
doesn't matter...I just tried the same; listening to music and used the hold home button to bring up recent apps and went into angry birds, which took over...when I exited out of angry birds though, the music resumed where it left off...

maybe a different music player or a widget might help? if not, that will really suck...
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #23
ron1959
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
doesn't matter...I just tried the same; listening to music and used the hold home button to bring up recent apps and went into angry birds, which took over...when I exited out of angry birds though, the music resumed where it left off...

maybe a different music player or a widget might help? if not, that will really suck...
That's too bad.
I guess I might have to buy the new sansa clip zip after all....besides the expense it's 1 more thing to carry around....
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 PM   #24
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Thank the bog-standard Android music player for that 'feature'. That and the semi-multitasking capabilities. The Samsung Galaxy S does let you keep the music on while doing other things, but that's because they're not using the standard Google players.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:37 PM   #25
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
I'm going to buy an 8GB Class 4 Kingston miscoSD on sale at the Source for $20. It should be more than enough to handle all my books and perhaps the occassional video. I have other places for music and photos.
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 PM   #26
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
well, using the standard music widget allowed me to listen to music and do other things as well, including reading a book, and playing angry birds... Because of the processor speed though, while the music is playing, trying to navigate slows to a crawl, loading books takes a lot longer, and while loading angry birds, the music got stuck for 20 seconds then blanked out for 5 more, but then continued. Once angry birds finally loaded, both its music and the music I was listening to was playing.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #27
ron1959
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by moolyn View Post
I'm going to buy an 8GB Class 4 Kingston miscoSD on sale at the Source for $20. It should be more than enough to handle all my books and perhaps the occassional video. I have other places for music and photos.
Staples has a 16gb one for $25 on till nov 1 if you buy online you still have time to get it.....

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/ca...affixedcode=WW
Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #28
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1959 View Post
Staples has a 16gb one for $25 on till nov 1 if you buy online you still have time to get it.....

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/ca...affixedcode=WW
Thanks but I think that a regular sized one, not a microSD. Too bad, because I have two Staples stores within walking distance and a Staples gift card.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #29
kikibay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moolyn View Post
they have the exact same one on amazon for 8.95 plus free shipping...
Old 11-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #30
moolyn
Rookie eBookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibay View Post
they have the exact same one on amazon for 8.95 plus free shipping...
Thanks but I think you are probably looking at amazon.com? It's the same price at amazon.ca as at The Source. As someone pointed out earlier, many things like this are more expensive in Canada.