Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #16
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Woohoo! Looks as though it'll be fantastic. Love the covers.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #17
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
okay it's 7am here in Blighty and I've just realised I've been writing all night and the story is approximately 7500 words. So I'll edit today and upload tonight
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 02:20 AM   #18
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
okay it's 7am here in Blighty and I've just realised I've been writing all night and the story is approximately 7500 words. So I'll edit today and upload tonight
Gesh, you should be getting up, and I should be going to bed.

***OK, just to be honest, I really want to shout, YEA!!! New story time almost here!!****
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #19
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Gesh, you should be getting up, and I should be going to bed.

***OK, just to be honest, I really want to shout, YEA!!! New story time almost here!!****

I was really surprised at how easy it was to slip back into the skin of Finch and Steinbeck after a few years. I'd given up both of them as charcters a while back, when I thought nobody would be that interested (they still might not be) but I had a really fun time writing the story. Well I did once I ditched the first 4,000 words around midnight and started from scratch
Old 08-15-2009, 04:35 AM   #20
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
My (admittedly amateur) scale for how much a reader will enjoy reading a story? Directly proportionate to how much fun I had writing it
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
You can't cancel your plans! You have to show up (in spirit) at the Toronto Meet-up ... you can't do that sitting on your sofa ... wait a minute, yes you can ...
that's the beauty of my plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
What a great sentence. It instantly produced a picture in my mind. (for some reason it was an instant flash of a 1930's or 1940's black and white pic. And since I am familiar with the Fresno area of that era, in family photos, it was easy to picture )
i got the same picture. i can't wait to read this story. 40's noir detective stories is one of my favourite genres.

moejoe, i hope you've managed to get a bit of sleep ! you're getting to be worse than me about keeping crazy hours, and that's not easy to do !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #22
Moejoe
Banned

Okay, it's uploaded It's around 7,500 words and I had a crapload of fun, even editing it, so you can definitely expect me to publish the 3 Finch & Steinbeck mystery novels I wrote plus some more shorts in the future

Download links in sig and first post of this thread.

ANY COMPLAINTS, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHERWISE SHOULD BE ADDRESSED BY PM TO MY BROTHER, SERGIO TWIRLY MOUSTACHE (pictured below).

Old 08-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

woot !!! downloading NOW !!!

thank you so much moejoe er, sergio ! i can't wait to read this. and then all the other ones.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #24
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
woot !!! downloading NOW !!!

thank you so much moejoe er, sergio ! i can't wait to read this. and then all the other ones.

Thanks for reading, and I hope it captures at least part of what I, and I believe you, love about the 40's Detective/Noir genre. Of course, it might not capture it all, and I might be completely deluded...in which case, it wasn't me, it was my brother Sergio, who wrote this story
Old 08-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel

neither you nor sergio have ever let me down so far.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #26
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I thought Sergio was Moejoe's brother. Now he turns out to be Sam Luka's brother? I think your dad got "around", if you know what I mean ... for all we know, Zelda could be sister to all three of you!

In any case, I've downloaded and will get to it soonest ...
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #27
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I thought Sergio was Moejoe's brother. Now he turns out to be Sam Luka's brother? I think your dad got "around", if you know what I mean ... for all we know, Zelda could be sister to all three of you!

In any case, I've downloaded and will get to it soonest ...
Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the story

The mysterious Sergio is an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a waxed moustache. Nobody knows where he might be, or what he's doing when he gets there
Old 08-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #28
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I'm half-way through and noticed two things:
  1. For most of the story, there are no paragraph breaks (maybe <br> tags instead of <p> tags? Or just a bad Feedbooks conversion?)
  2. "Donny Marco" starts out as "Donny Franco".

I like the plucky canine Steinbeck and I spotted another Joni reference in the "Mermaid Cafe". Good story so far. Thanks!

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 08-16-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #29
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Thanks for uploading this. I just downloaded and will have to push it to the top of my queue.

I love MR, but since I found it my reading queue has gotten ridiculously long.

animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #30
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I'm half-way through and noticed two things:
  1. For most of the story, there are no paragraph breaks (maybe <br> tags instead of <p> tags? Or just a bad Feedbooks conversion?)
  2. "Donny Marco" starts out as "Donny Franco".

I like the plucky canine Steinbeck and I spotted another Joni reference in the "Mermaid Cafe". Good story so far. Thanks!
Fixed the Marco / Franco confusion

I pasted directly in from OpenOffice, it seemed okay on my reader earlier. Let me do a check on it

EDIT: You're right, it's all kinds of borked I'm taking it offline while I try to figure out what's gone wrong

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-16-2009 at 12:40 AM.