Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #16
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Unfortunately it won't work, (install), on my system with Word 2002. It only support 2003 and 2007.
Dale
Dale, are you referring to pdftoword or AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter?
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_wolf View Post
Dale, are you referring to pdftoword or AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter?
PDFtoWord is a web site conversion and does not install anything on your unit. I was talking about AnyBizSoft PDF to Word converter that locally converts. I would have thought it was clear but I guess not. Sorry for confusion.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #18
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
Quote:
PDFtoWord is a web site conversion and does not install anything on your unit. I was talking about AnyBizSoft PDF to Word converter that locally converts. I would have thought it was clear but I guess not. Sorry for confusion.
No problem. I added to the confusion by naming the wrong software. I meant to ask if you were talking about Nitro PDF or AnyBizSoft, but it's clear now. Thanks.

I'm planning to download trial version of Nitro PDF. Meanwhile, I tested PDFtoWord conversion yesterday (plain text PDF) and also had impressive results. It's really strange that mojoe and others are having worse results with the locally installed payware product, but I need some other features in Nitro and [locally installed] freeware products have been a disappointment so far (get what you pay for).

Last edited by spirit_wolf; 08-01-2009 at 08:30 AM.
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #19
namiamy
Banned
namiamy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
They say they will support 2002 someday so maybe I will find out what its all about. I am not planning to upgrade. I did download the updates for formats so I have all of the 2007 features I want including docx read and write. I suspect the tool will work unmodified but the installer won't let me try.

Dale
Now the AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter is updated to V2.0.
The new version can support Word 2002, and much faster than V1.0

Last edited by namiamy; 08-07-2009 at 05:02 AM.
namiamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
crazyheinz
crazyheinz began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
I use AbleToExtract. I think its kinda nice, will see how it works when i actually have my 505
crazyheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #21
Christina789
Christina789 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namiamy View Post
Now the AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter is updated to V2.0.
The new version can support Word 2002, and much faster than V1.0
AnyBizSoft PDF to Word works fine. But I prefer the free PDF to Text converter. I often need quote some information from PDF documents, but most of them can not be copied directly. PDF to Text is really helpful for this.
Christina789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #22
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Thanks to all of you knowledgeable guys...so much to learn & ya'll make it just a little easiser!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #23
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
I'm sure this isn't what you were looking for since its somewhat costly (and there don't seem to be many Adobe fans on MR), but Adobe Acrobat Pro has a very good PDF to Word coversion built in.

Several times a week I have to take faxes (don't these people own a computer?#@$!), scan them in to my computer and then use Acrobat's OCR Optimize, OCR Scan, and PDF to Word tools to get the contents to Word 2007. It stumbles over letters that were poorly formed on the fax, but otherwise produces documents with only a few errors per page. When starting with a text PDF, it consistently produces a clean, well formatted facimile in MS Word.

With the free tools available, these features don't justify the cost for ebook conversion, but if you already use it for business, it has great capability to perform your ebook tasks also.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #24
catherineliu
catherineliu began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneeq View Post
I tried this, not bad. It is amazing that I can really convert a pdf file which cannot copy. I like this!

For online pdf to word, www.zamzar.com not bad!
Thanks for your information here. I have tried several PDF to Word converters, I think AnyBizSoft PDF to Word is the best one. It is fast and even works with Office 2010 and Windows 7. That's really amazing.

Last edited by catherineliu; 08-30-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling error
catherineliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #25
justot
justot began at the beginning.

Hi, i use hello pdf to word converter. It can convert all pages of pdf to word easily and fast. works well for me!
justot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 AM   #26
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I used recently Fine Reader 9 to convert a big PDF in A4 format to a HTML file.

I think an HTML output is the most flexible format to deal with. It can later be very easily moulded into your own Reader format.

A little slow but faultless. Even the hypertext links were maintained. As far as the images are concerned:
- they were put apart in a separate folder
- they were also at their original place in the text but I had to resize them later to make them fit the 9x12cm format of my PRS-505.

Pretty good result.

Last edited by roger64; 09-22-2009 at 09:12 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
I used recently Fine Reader 9 to convert a big PDF in A4 format to a HTML file.

I think an HTML output is the most flexible format to deal with. It can later be very easily moulded into your own Reader format.

A little slow but faultless. Even the hypertext links were maintained. As far as the images are concerned:
- they were put apart in a separate folder
- they were also at their original place in the text but I had to resize them later to make them fit the 9x12cm format of my PRS-505.

Pretty good result.
Hi Roger,

I tried finereader too, as well as a number of the other recommended softwares on this thread. Most of them work well but one thing is driving me crazy and I'd appreciate if anyone could help me figure out how to fix this:

When I convert the PDF to a Word DOC file, most of the formatting is fine. however, all the softwares seem to insert a "paragraph + Sectionbreak" or "Paragraph end" mark at the end of the last letter/word on each page. Sometimes the PDFs will have an incomplete sentence that continues onto the next page. With these tools, things look fine, except these sentences get broken up mid-way into two paragraphs.

Is there any easy way to correct for this? Or is there any setting in either Finereader or any of the other tools here, that will automatically prevent paragraph breaks mid sentence if the sentence is being carried over to the next page? I'd appreciate any help...this is driving me nuts!
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 AM   #28
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Sorry for the delay in answering you.

I did not have any inconvenient end of line hard breaks when I used FineReader with an HTML output. I only get paragraph breaks, and that's why I say that an HTML output is very flexible.

So maybe, you should look carefully at your source. If it already includes end of line hard breaks, then probably, there is nothing FineReader + HTML can do.

I do not use Microsoft Word but OpenOffice 3.1 to deal with the HTML output coming from FineReader.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #29
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Thanks roger. I was able to fix things by outputting to HTML and using some Regular Expressions to clean up the spurious paragraph breaks. I detailed this here.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #30
archerwoo
Enthusiast
archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3;Ip4
professional adobe reader got the function of convert all files to PDF
archerwoo is offline   Reply With Quote