Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #16
Fake51
Enthusiast
Fake51 began at the beginning.

Device: LBook V3
Just reflashed my V3, tried shutting down again, same result - device won't start up, just gives me the red light of doom.

Regards
Fake
Old 01-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
This is a brand new, never before encountered issue. So, a couple of questions: did you reflash or did you redownload and reflash? It's possible your download screwed up. Next, have you tried an earlier version? The bleeding edge snapshots are experimental.
If you're still having trouble, come by our IRC channel (#openinkpot on irc.oftc.net). We'll get you sorted out. Don't worry, it's nearly impossible to brick these things, and it's easy to flash back to the original firmware as well.
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
Fake51
Enthusiast
Fake51 began at the beginning.

Device: LBook V3
Actually, I'll just quietly apologize for raising a fuss: grabbed the wrong firmware, the v3 instead of the v3ext. The latter works as expected.

Regards
Fake
Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #19
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake51 View Post
Actually, I'll just quietly apologize for raising a fuss: grabbed the wrong firmware, the v3 instead of the v3ext. The latter works as expected.
It is nice to know that you found the problem!!

Hope you enjoy OpenInkPot now.
It just gets better and better with each new snapshot.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:07 PM   #20
rickp
rickp began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
I'm trying openinkpot on my Hanlin v3 device and am very impressed so far. The first thing that occurs to me is can I see the battery charge level within FBreader, or anywhere else?

Cheers,
Rick
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp View Post
The first thing that occurs to me is can I see the battery charge level within FBreader, or anywhere else?
It is visible when using Cool Reader, see the scan in post #3. It would be nice if it was also included in Madshelf.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #22
automated
automated began at the beginning.

all german characters (Umlaute) seems to be broken or misinterprated: ö ä ü ß are shown as rectangles
also line breaks and tabs in mobi are only shown as rectangles - very hard to read

cheers
Rainer
Old 02-01-2009, 04:29 AM   #23
rickp
rickp began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
It is visible when using Cool Reader, see the scan in post #3. It would be nice if it was also included in Madshelf.
Ah yes - so I see. I'm using FBreader to read mobipocket files though. I see a percentage value on the bottom right - but not sure what that is. Could be battery I guess....

Rick
Old 02-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #24
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp View Post
Could be battery I guess....
Rick
It is.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:59 AM   #25
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by automated View Post
all german characters (Umlaute) seems to be broken or misinterprated: ö ä ü ß are shown as rectangles
also line breaks and tabs in mobi are only shown as rectangles - very hard to read

cheers
Rainer
Could please send me the file where the problem occurs? lunohod@gmx.de
Old 02-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #26
javimm
Connoisseur
javimm began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by automated View Post

cheers
Rainer
I already opened a ticket some time ago with this same problem. It's ticket #192. It happens with spanish characters too, such as ñ, á, é, í, ó, ú.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #27
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by javimm View Post
I already opened a ticket some time ago with this same problem. It's ticket #192. It happens with spanish characters too, such as ñ, á, é, í, ó, ú.

I've just tested your file. Sometimes the FBReader cannot detect the language and the encoding. Right now you can change these settings in the /home/.FBReader/books.xml file and the characters should be displayed properly. I will add language and encoding options to the menu in the next release.

You can read more about this topic here:
http://www.fbreader.org/docs/languages.php#detection
Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #28
javimm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
I've just tested your file. Sometimes the FBReader cannot detect the language and the encoding. Right now you can change these settings in the /home/.FBReader/books.xml file and the characters should be displayed properly. I will add language and encoding options to the menu in the next release.

You can read more about this topic here:
http://www.fbreader.org/docs/languages.php#detection
Thank you very much, lunohod!.

I don't have those files anymore as they were pdfs formatted for the Hanlin, but at the time, OI didn't have pdf support. Now I don't need to convert them to Mobi for reading them :-) . It's nice to see that language can be changed in a config file. I'll wait for the next release.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 AM   #29
ben1981
ben1981 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Guys, I've just flashed my Hanlin V3(ext) with 20090123 snapshot and played a bit with several formats.

In general it seems better to me than original Jinke fw (which has issues with Czech characters and feature wise it is also poorer).

In general I really like OI but but I have 2 issues with it:
1/ It just hang up totaly when I was changing font size when viewing pdf file (formatted to A4 size). No diode activity when pressing buttons, no button did anything. I had to reset to recover from this. Anybody else has similar experience?

2/ I miss 1 feature of original Jinke fw - key lock when short pressing power button. Is there any option how to lock keys with OI? I don't want to turn off the device and when I am carrying it around sometimes a button is pressed in my backpack (even though it is in leather case). Key lock feature would be very nice.

Again, I have to repeat Great work, guys! I really like OI.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #30
javimm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1981 View Post
Hi Guys, I've just flashed my Hanlin V3(ext) with 20090123 snapshot and played a bit with several formats.

In general it seems better to me than original Jinke fw (which has issues with Czech characters and feature wise it is also poorer).

In general I really like OI but but I have 2 issues with it:
1/ It just hang up totaly when I was changing font size when viewing pdf file (formatted to A4 size). No diode activity when pressing buttons, no button did anything. I had to reset to recover from this. Anybody else has similar experience?

2/ I miss 1 feature of original Jinke fw - key lock when short pressing power button. Is there any option how to lock keys with OI? I don't want to turn off the device and when I am carrying it around sometimes a button is pressed in my backpack (even though it is in leather case). Key lock feature would be very nice.

Again, I have to repeat Great work, guys! I really like OI.
1\ I don't know about this one.

2\ No, there isn't a lock button in the current snapshot. I think it's going to be implemented soon though.