Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
no changes for me in WiFi bars, still showing white
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Mine are definitely white. Nothing like the green of the battery indicator.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_A View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the WIFI indicator bars have gone from white to green with this update?
That's a side effect of installing market.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
David_A
David_A began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Ahhhh so Google is my problem
David_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
samysdad
Enthusiast
samysdad began at the beginning.

According to http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/3...hite-vs-green/

Network status icons turn green if you have a Google Account added to your phone
and the phone is connected to Google services, for syncing your Gmail, Calendar
events, contacts, for backing up your settings, and so on. If you don’t have a Google
Account or if, for example, you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network that is not connected
to the Internet, the network icons are white
samysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #21
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 7
Anyone else having a problem downloading this update? Mine gets so far and then states that there is a problem with my connection. All web pages are working.

Any suggestions? (Have tried restarting Vox with no joy lol)
unifaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifaerie View Post
Anyone else having a problem downloading this update?
I'm guessing that the problem is on their end, since there is probably a lot of people demanding update right now. It took me a couple of tries to get the thing downloaded, and the second try was in the wee hours of the morning when most of North America was asleep.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I'm guessing that the problem is on their end, since there is probably a lot of people demanding update right now. It took me a couple of tries to get the thing downloaded, and the second try was in the wee hours of the morning when most of North America was asleep.
Thanks for replying - I will try again later. : )
Old 03-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
wwpierre
Enthusiast
wwpierre began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifaerie View Post
Anyone else having a problem downloading this update? Mine gets so far and then states that there is a problem with my connection. All web pages are working.

Any suggestions? (Have tried restarting Vox with no joy lol)
Me too. I was hoping that this update would have support for PayPal. I hate giving my credit card info to other sites.
wwpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #25
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Took me over 20 mins to eventually get the update to download.
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #26
unifaerie
Enthusiast

After several more attempts download only progresses to around 35%.

Any ideas of a solution? Maybe takes a few days to reach the West Coast?!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
wwpierre
Enthusiast
wwpierre began at the beginning.

This update no longer appears on my notifications page. I am pretty sure it didn't get downloaded.
wwpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
That's a good question, wwpierre. Why should a customer be cut off from any update after a certain time or after so many failed download and install attempts? Kobo should have a site to download this stuff, not just sell books. Get with it, Kobo!
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #29
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I say over 20 mins I mean
I was doing a full on factory reset. Step 2 is check for updates.
For over 20 mins;
1) I clicked next
2) I clicked Check now for new updates
3) I watched the download bar get a third of the way across
4) I clicked the OK on the tablet upgrade error.
5) I went back to step 1

Step 6 would have involved a hammer but the Kobo relented in the end.

How many touches per minute?
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #30
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Mine's not showing the update anymore either. I didn't even try to install it, I just got my Vox rooted and I didn't feel like taking over husband's Windows box to re-do it.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote