Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
So, basically the publishers wants us to pay $10 to get a video summary of a book. I assume they are hoping that we will think it is interesting so we will also by the book. Finally, what do I car if I can see the author reading this summary. This could as much easily be audio clips.

I will not be buying any of the advertisements.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #17
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
great - so basically cliff's notes go to video

i can't imagine any circumstance where readers would find this a good thing, and although you never know, i can't see why non-readers would want to pay for a book summary. well, except for busy execs who need to show clients they're up to date with modern reading without actually spending the time to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you read the "Washington Post" article, it says that it's a person reading to a camera, but not reading text from the actual book - more presenting a spoken summary of what the book says.

I really can't see it catching on, but stranger things have happened!

Last edited by basschick; 02-04-2009 at 12:18 PM.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert