Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Speaking on behalf of probably 10,000 other people here, I would like to say that I am impressed by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I think we should start a campaign and email Amazon to see if they can reward you with a free Kindle 2 for your unselfish and kind act.

Don
Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by picarson View Post
Hi,

I have joined this forum to try to find the owner of a Kindle that found at Kansas City Airport USA on Thursday 10th Dec whilst travelling back to the UK. If you lost your Kindle, and you can identify yourself as the rightful owner by providing a list of your books stored on the device I will ensure that it is returned to you soonest.
Karma for your thoughtfulness, and I hope yo stick around and learn why so many of us are e-book addicts.

Do you plan to buy a device? Tell us a little more about yourself.
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
picarson ---

You rock. I have also tweeted about this with a link to this thread and requested retweets. Perhaps that will help. I am sure someone is just really upset about their loss. I know I would be.

BOb
Old 12-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #19
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Speaking on behalf of probably 10,000 other people here, I would like to say that I am impressed by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I think we should start a campaign and email Amazon to see if they can reward you with a free Kindle 2 for your unselfish and kind act.

Don
Or failing that we could all kick in a few bucks towards this ourselves. Perhaps that is something we could look at creating, a lost Kindle/e-reader reward fund?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #20
picarson
picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Hi thanks for your input,

I have checked the link and it is a different Kindle, this one has a black cover
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #21
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Very nicely put.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
You rock picarson!! (watches Picarson's Karma explode hehe)
Old 12-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #23
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
I'm down for that action
Old 12-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #24
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Love to hear of honest, kind people doing good things.
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #25
qpid360
e-reading :)
qpid360 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition, Barnes & Noble nook
Good to hear there are still people like you out there
Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #26
Lynn Mostafa
Lynn Mostafa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You are my hero!!!

And there is a Kindler looking for one lost in the Kansas City Airport. Link: http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/for...Mx9M08L9L8HLXQ
Old 12-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #27
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Mostafa View Post
You are my hero!!!

And there is a Kindler looking for one lost in the Kansas City Airport. Link: http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/for...Mx9M08L9L8HLXQ
That's the post I spoke about earlier in this thread that was a year old (I'm the "Deb" on the Amazon forums" a few posts above yours).
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #28
mmccaskill
mmccaskill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lost Kindle

I've received several messages today regarding this post. I lost my Kindle at the Kansas City airport on or around Dec. 10th, but it was in 2008. So if this is my Kindle it is a miracle.

Whether or not this is my Kindle, this is a wonderful thing that you are doing. I remember how devastated I was last year when I lost it, so knowing that there are people out there like yourself makes me feel good. Thanks also to all the people who added threads on amazon. I've been getting messages all day.

If it is mine, here are a few of the books that would have been on the book:

Takedown - Brad Thor
The First Commandment - Brad Thor
Nothing to Lose - Lee Child
A Whole New Mind - Daniel Pink
Moscow Rules - Daniel Silva

Overall, I had about 18 items.

If these match, I can't believe it. There would be no words to express the how this would make me feel.

If these are not the books, I hope you find the owner. I'm know they'll be thrilled.

Thank you all.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #29
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Nevermind.....

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 12-14-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #30
picarson
picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.picarson could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Hi
Have just checked the contents and unfortunately over 40 books and noe are the ones you have described

Sorry
Closed Thread