Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
YouTube Red is now live. It's $9.99/month after a 1-month free trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
YouTube Red -- YouTube will launch a new video/music subscription service tomorrow (28 Oct). Called YouTube Red, it will run $9.99 per month and includes a free subscription to Google Play Music.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
YouTube Red is now live. It's $9.99/month after a 1-month free trial.
I'm seeing $12.99 a month. Thinking they need to add some better exclusive content to warrant anywhere near that price.
Advert
Old 10-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I'm seeing $12.99 a month. Thinking they need to add some better exclusive content to warrant anywhere near that price.
Are you accessing it from an iOS device? It's $9.99 for everyone except those getting it from Apple; then it's $12.99. Google is passing on the 30% Apple tax to Apple users. Good for Google.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #19
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Are you accessing it from an iOS device? It's $9.99 for everyone except those getting it from Apple; then it's $12.99. Google is passing on the 30% Apple tax to Apple users. Good for Google.
Yes. Interesting. So if I pay Google directly, I wonder if I get the ad-free version just on my non iOS devices, or everywhere? Not that it matters, as it stands it's maybe worth $1 a month to me.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Yes. Interesting. So if I pay Google directly, I wonder if I get the ad-free version just on my non iOS devices, or everywhere? Not that it matters, as it stands it's maybe worth $1 a month to me.
That I don't know.

It includes Google's premium music service -- Google Play Music -- which has a library of over 35 million ad-free songs that can be downloaded for offline listening.

If you already subscribe to Google Play Music ($9.99/mo), you get YouTube Red for free. If you subscribe to YouTube Red ($9.99/mo), you'll get Google Play Music for free.
Advert
Old 10-28-2015, 08:25 PM   #21
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Microsoft has Hotel Transylvania (2012) available to rent for 10 cents.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...kgx0c0850/0003
Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

deleted

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-29-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #23
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Yay! First post in the new thread. (Great idea BTW.) Amazon has a set of free apps that are not buried Underground (although that would be appropriate for Halloween). Get them here. Some old, some new to the freebie department. Looks like a Halloween deal so you might know it won't last.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Old 10-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #24
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Probably.
ISTR another service did the same thing.

Apple charges a 30% tax on any sales made within their app -- but they wouldn't charge it on a sale made from a PC or otherwhere that was then used/downloaded on an iThing.
The other service made a point of mentioning that iThing owners should subscribe from a non-Apple device to get the better price.

Once you have a subscription, I don't see why they would limit which devices you can access it on based on which one you made the purchase from.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #25
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
While I can't say for certain, it should. The service is tied to your Google account, so once you've bought it, you should get the ad-free version on every device/browser you're logged into. Pretty sure you can login to the iOS Youtube app too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Yay! First post in the new thread. (Great idea BTW.) Amazon has a set of free apps that are not buried Underground (although that would be appropriate for Halloween). Get them here. Some old, some new to the freebie department. Looks like a Halloween deal so you might know it won't last.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Oh man, I hope Amazon fixes my account before those go away. Somehow in trying to fix a problem (UK associates login claiming my e-mail didn't have an account associated with it, after they sent me an e-mail to that account about updating tax info) they closed my main Amazon account and created a new one for the same e-mail address. Already talked to support, but now I have to wait 24-48 hours for the account people to restore the account. Really unhappy about the whole situation. Can't even use my Prime benefits, plus I'll probably have to log back in to every device, which isn't going to be fun. (What with Rokus, tablets, phones, Kindle for PC, etc, that'll take a while.)
Old 10-29-2015, 08:30 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Oh man, I hope Amazon fixes my account before those go away. Somehow in trying to fix a problem (UK associates login claiming my e-mail didn't have an account associated with it, after they sent me an e-mail to that account about updating tax info) they closed my main Amazon account and created a new one for the same e-mail address. Already talked to support, but now I have to wait 24-48 hours for the account people to restore the account. Really unhappy about the whole situation. Can't even use my Prime benefits, plus I'll probably have to log back in to every device, which isn't going to be fun. (What with Rokus, tablets, phones, Kindle for PC, etc, that'll take a while.)
Offer ends October 31, 2015 11:59PM PDT
Old 10-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free album at Google Play...

Moonshine in the Trunk (Google Play Special Edition) by Brad Paisley
Old 10-30-2015, 10:39 PM   #28
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free rental from Microsoft (probably US only). Deal should last through the weekend, but if you want it I'd grab it ASAP just in case it ends early. Once rented, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24 hours from the time you start to watch, whichever comes first.

Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island

Quote:
Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred reunite to solve the most frightfully funny mystery of their careers. The scream team's headed to a haunted bayou island to investigate the ghost of Moonscar the Pirate. But it turns out the swashbuckler's spirit isn't the only creepy character on the island.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:06 PM   #29
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

iTunes - Free People Country Playlist from People Magazine

Get code at:
http://specials.people.com/countryplaylist/

Songs included:
  • Cassadee Pope - I Am Invincible
  • Josh Thompson - Same Ol Plain Ol Me
  • The Cadillac Three - White Lightning
  • Josh Abbott Band - Amnesia
  • Aaron Tippin - There Ain't Nothin' Wrong With the Radio
  • Craig Cambell - Tomorrow Tonight
  • Olivia Lane - Lightning (Acoustic Mix)
Old 10-31-2015, 11:04 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Amazon mega app promo -- exp Sat 31 Oct
Closed Thread