Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Actually, I think Stanza will export to a multitude of formats, so you could convert from PDB to just about anything, including PDF, Mobi, Word, HTML, RTF, Text, even Kindle. I guess the success of the various conversions will differ, so you can try a few.
Stanza web site still indicates eReader is an unsupported format although they have support for PalmDoc and Mobipocket.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #17
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
It is probably PalmDOC, but it is easy to tell. Open the .pdb file with a text editor and look near the start for TEXtREAd (PalmDOC) or PNPdPPrs (eReader), see wiki: PDB.
Drat, it IS Palm DOC format. Thanks for the pointer. OK, I have a tool around somewhere (PublishEbook?) that I think I can use to make an Ereader file for testing purposes. At least, I seem to remember that I tried it once and got a file that could be opened with Ereader but not PalmFiction, which made me think it was not PalmDOC.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
Drat, it IS Palm DOC format. Thanks for the pointer. OK, I have a tool around somewhere (PublishEbook?) that I think I can use to make an Ereader file for testing purposes. At least, I seem to remember that I tried it once and got a file that could be opened with Ereader but not PalmFiction, which made me think it was not PalmDOC.
Like I mentioned before, I had a prc file that was actually PalmDoc format...TEXtrREAd...try pdbshred...I was able to get a html file out
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you send me a non-DRMed eReader file I will try to modify it so that it will work. Can't be too hard... even though I don't work in python all that much I can usually read and edit existing code of languages I haven't worked with.

BOb
The file I am trying to convert is available at the following link. Thanks!

http://craphound.com/content/Cory_Do...nt_Ereader.pdb
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #20
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Like I mentioned before, I had a prc file that was actually PalmDoc format...TEXtrREAd...try pdbshred...I was able to get a html file out
Yes, the one I successfully converted with Interparse 4 also had the "TEXtREAd" string.

Alas, Interparse does not work on the Doctorow EReader file... One could run it through the analog hole but it'd be a pain.

Last edited by wayrad; 10-17-2008 at 09:21 PM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
I did try pdbshred. It said it was an unsupported format.

But it did convert it to the PML. I'm looking for an HTML so I don't have to edit it so much.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-17-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #22
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The file I am trying to convert is available at the following link. Thanks!

http://craphound.com/content/Cory_Do...nt_Ereader.pdb
OK, I used a combination of pdbshred and my own modified pml2html.py script to produce:

(1) Cory_Doctorow_-_Content_Ereader.html from Cory_Doctorow_-_Content_Ereader.pdb (see Cory_Doctorow_-_Content_Ereader.zip which contains the intermediary .pml file); and

(2) content.html from content.pml prepared by another mobileread.com member.

The latter has footnotes that were not extracted from the .pdb using pdbshred. BTW, all the links to websites are just underlined, and not hyperlinked.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cory_Doctorow_-_Content_Ereader.zip (263.1 KB, 585 views)
File Type: zip content.zip (269.5 KB, 611 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #23
yargoflick
Enthusiast
yargoflick is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader
perl ebook-tools

Hey there, I just found and used the perl based ebook-tools to convert a DRM-free Ereader file from fictionwise to HTML.

Download ebook-tools from cpan:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/EBook-Tools/

The readme has install instructions:
http://search.cpan.org/src/AZED/EBoo...s-0.3.3/README
You'll probably need to install a few perl modules that it needs.

Once built and installed you'll have an 'ebook' command and can simply:
ebook unpack --htmlconvert -f Barzak-LMoths-er.pdb -d moths/

Further command detatils can be found here:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/EBook-Tools/ebook.pl

Thought someone might like.
Cheers.
yargoflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #24
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by yargoflick View Post
Hey there, I just found and used the perl based ebook-tools to convert a DRM-free Ereader file from fictionwise to HTML.

Download ebook-tools from cpan:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/EBook-Tools/

The readme has install instructions:
http://search.cpan.org/src/AZED/EBoo...s-0.3.3/README
You'll probably need to install a few perl modules that it needs.

Once built and installed you'll have an 'ebook' command and can simply:
ebook unpack --htmlconvert -f Barzak-LMoths-er.pdb -d moths/

Further command detatils can be found here:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/EBook-Tools/ebook.pl

Thought someone might like.
Cheers.
I posted something similar using EBook-Tools v3.3 and a quick & dirty perl script I called 'ereader2html.pl' that does more or less the same thing.

I provided a windows executable as well here.

Thanks for the that command line method using ebook.pl directly!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #25
tao
Book Lover
tao began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle 3
pml2html.py

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
OK, I used a combination of pdbshred and my own modified pml2html.py script to produce:

(1) Cory_Doctorow_-_Content_Ereader.html from Cory_Doctorow_-_Content_Ereader.pdb (see Cory_Doctorow_-_Content_Ereader.zip which contains the intermediary .pml file); and

(2) content.html from content.pml prepared by another mobileread.com member.

The latter has footnotes that were not extracted from the .pdb using pdbshred. BTW, all the links to websites are just underlined, and not hyperlinked.

Enjoy!
May I get a copy of the pml2html.py script? Thx a lot.
tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #26
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
May I get a copy of the pml2html.py script? Thx a lot.
Ditto - if you can post it here, or even PM me if you want an e-mail. Thanks very much.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Given that Calibre 0.6.0 will support DRM free eReader format conversion, I feel this script is not going to be needed once it's debugged.