Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 AM   #16
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Adobe Digital Editions with Wine will do it. Sigil will do it. Calibre will do it.
Split the bounty three ways?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
And now there is ePUBReader. An addon to Firefox and soon for Seamonkey. It turns either browser into a full ePUB Reader with a library browser (stored as a bookmark) to manage the loaded eBooks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #18
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Adobe Digital Editions with Wine will do it. Sigil will do it. Calibre will do it.
Split the bounty three ways?
I see rogue_ronin what you meant by
Quote:
I really don't like it when people come into a post (not even mine, any post) on a topic that is looking for help and opinions on doing something specific, and suggest that the OP do something else. It's demonstrative of a complete lack of understanding, or a casual contempt for other people's context.
Might as well suggest to buy a windows machine while we are at it

I personally don't have much use for linux reader myself, but if something slim and universal will require chip in, I might bite, especially if it will be Android compatible in the future.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #19
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Just got back from a self-imposed MobileRead exile. Needed a break.

Nice to see people discussing it. Thanks for 'getting it' dmikov. And pholy, I will certainly give you money if you make a simple reader of epubs work, and enable it to be relatively easily ported to different platforms. It doesn't need to be an editor and a validator, just a reader.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #20
Smiling
Smiling began at the beginning.

Device: Join Tech JE100
Hi All,

I have a query on related to this thread... will Calibre work on a Windows CE platform? I have the JoinTech JE100 eBook computer, and am looking for a decent ePub reader for it. Any suggestions would be grateful.

Thanks,

Smiling
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 01:21 AM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
Hi All,

I have a query on related to this thread... will Calibre work on a Windows CE platform? I have the JoinTech JE100 eBook computer, and am looking for a decent ePub reader for it. Any suggestions would be grateful.

Thanks,

Smiling
There are lots of programs that run on ARM processors under WinCE operating system. Check the wiki under PDA or read my article on my web site on eBooks on PDA's. Many of the same items that will run on a pocket pc will also run on Win CE. The wiki has a wealth of information on eBook readers and other items for PDA that should work on the JE100.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote