Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #16
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguru
Mobileread is the place where text reader developers converge it seems, Hacker (Plucker), Laurens (Sunrise for Plucker), Mobipocket, and now Malt from Tome Raider. All noteworthy in their own little way, and all superlative programs for Palm and Windows Mobile Handheld...
Well said! We are very fortunate to have a lot of developers converging here that contribute in big ways to the opportunities we have in the mobile community, especially as related to ebooks and mobile reading. And the list is actually much bigger, both for those who visit in a public manner like Alexander Pruss, creator of FontSmoother, and those who have for the time being chosen to remain more anonymous. It's easy to forget what heroes these guys are, because we often take them for granted and focus on the perceived shortcomings of software. But their contributions to the cause is what makes it all possible, and makes it all work better for all of us each and every year.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 AM   #17
MatYadabyte
Zealot
MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now all we need to do is unite and come up with a universal and unified ebook format for all to use and enojoy

Mat
MatYadabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #18
PizzaMan1979
PizzaMan1979 began at the beginning.

Device: T5
There are some medical sites very suited for raiding, that a lot of doctors (myself included) would love to have on their palm. In fact i just reaped the html files and was about to process them to iSilo, when i came across siteraider. Is it technically possible to make scripts for

www.wrongdiagnosis.com
and
www.whonamedit.com

I'd be very grateful. (e-mail removed)

Last edited by PizzaMan1979; 06-24-2011 at 06:16 AM.
PizzaMan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #19
PizzaMan1979
PizzaMan1979 began at the beginning.

Device: T5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan1979 View Post
There are some medical sites very suited for raiding, that a lot of doctors (myself included) would love to have on their palm. In fact i just reaped the html files and was about to process them to iSilo, when i came across siteraider. Is it technically possible to make scripts for

www.wrongdiagnosis.com
and
www.whonamedit.com

I'd be very grateful. arendhamming a gmail d com

For the record: i made a script several years ago, which was available through the tomeraider site.

It looked like this:

Code:
// Last Update : September 14, 2005 By PizzaMan

BEGIN_DEF
	RS_VERSION=1.001
	START_URL="http://www.whonamedit.com/azeponyms.cfm/A.html"
	BASE_URL = "www.whonamedit.com"
	SOURCE="Who Named It"
	OUTPUT_TO_FILE_NAME = "Who Named It"
	CALL Start
END

//--------------------------------------------------

BEGIN_PROCESS Start
	CALL RaidDocsPage
	REPEAT_FOR_ALL_LINKS LIST_1 FormatLinks1
//	TEST_LINK_PROCESSING LIST_1

REPEAT_FOR_ALL_LINKS LIST_1 RaidDoctorsLinks
	REPEAT_FOR_ALL_LINKS LIST_2 FormatLinks2
//	TEST_LINK_PROCESSING LIST_2

REPEAT_FOR_ALL_LINKS LIST_2 RaidDocsArticle

END

BEGIN_PROCESS RaidDocsPage
	DOWNLOAD_PAGE
	INCLUDE_LINKS = "az"
//	INCLUDE_LINKS = "a."

GET_LINKS LIST_1
END

BEGIN_PROCESS RaidDoctorsLinks
	DOWNLOAD_PAGE

INCLUDE_LINKS = "doctor"
	INCLUDE_LINKS = "synd"
//	INCLUDE_LINKS = "34"

GET_LINKS LIST_2
END

BEGIN_PROCESS FormatLinks1
	VAR = LINK
	VAR_REPLACE "www.whonamedit.comazlist.cfm/" WITH "http://www.whonamedit.com/azlist.cfm/"	
	VAR_REPLACE "www.whonamedit.comazeponyms.cfm/" WITH "http://www.whonamedit.com/azeponyms.cfm/"	
	LINK = VAR
END

BEGIN_PROCESS FormatLinks2
	VAR = LINK
	VAR_REPLACE "www.whonamedit.comdoctor.cfm/" WITH "http://www.whonamedit.com/doctor.cfm/"
	VAR_REPLACE "www.whonamedit.comsynd.cfm/" WITH "http://www.whonamedit.com/synd.cfm/"
	LINK = VAR
END

BEGIN_PROCESS RaidDocsArticle
// Download page
	DOWNLOAD_PAGE

// Article body
  ARTICLE_FROM "<span c" TO "</td>"

//Acquire Title
	VAR = BODY
	VAR_REMOVE_FROM VAR_START TO ">"
	VAR_REMOVE_FROM "<" TO VAR_END
	TITLE = VAR

//Article author
	VAR = BODY
	IF_VAR_CONTAINS "thank" SetAuthor1

//Article body
	VAR = BODY
  IF_VAR_CONTAINS "ssociated person" SetTitleSynd
  IF_VAR_CONTAINS "ssociated epo" SetTitleDoc
	VAR_REMOVE_FROM VAR_START TO ">"
	VAR_REPLACE "synd.cfm/" WITH "http://www.whonamedit.com/synd.cfm/"
	BODY = VAR

// Write article
	WRITE_ARTICLE
END

BEGIN_PROCESS SetTitleSynd

//Category information	
	PRIMARY_CATEGORY="Syndrome"

END

BEGIN_PROCESS SetTitleDoc

//Category information	
	PRIMARY_CATEGORY="Doctor"

END

BEGIN_PROCESS SetAuthor1

//Set Author
  VAR = BODY
	VAR_REMOVE_FROM VAR_START TO "thank"
	VAR_REMOVE_FROM ", for" TO VAR_END
	VAR_REMOVE_FROM "for" TO VAR_END
	AUTHOR = VAR
END

Last edited by PizzaMan1979; 08-04-2008 at 06:13 PM.
PizzaMan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #20
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatYadabyte View Post
Now all we need to do is unite and come up with a universal and unified ebook format for all to use and enojoy

Mat
I thought that was called ePub?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #21
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan1979 View Post

www.wrongdiagnosis.com
and
www.whonamedit.com

I'd be very grateful. arendhamming a gmail d com
For the content covered by whonamedit, you might look at http://eponyms.net/.

You might also see what Plucker, perhaps in combination with SiteScooper can do with the above sites.

I looked at iSilo some time back, but prefer Plucker. I should note, however, that I don't use it to pluck websites to read on my PDA. In my case, I grab static content stored locally to convert to ebooks I read using Plucker. (About 3,200 and counting thus far, including the entire Baen Free Library and a lot of Project Gutenberg, as well as a good bit of Gnu documentation and all of the Linux HOWTOs.)

Also, there are a large number of freeware apps aimed at medical practitioners, and a fair sampling is here. (I'm not an MD, and not competent to state whether they are any good.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote