Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I actually wish they had more models --- an 8" Kindle Touch would be the perfect solution for me. Or at least a DX Touch.
I want a 5" eInk Kindle and the same size as my Galaxy Player 5.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I want a 5" eInk Kindle and the same size as my Galaxy Player 5.
Well I want a Galaxy Player 5.0! If ever comes down in price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #18
bchaplin
Enthusiast
bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, K3 (Kindle Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Although I still love my K3 dearly, and I'm considering buying a backup K3 while they are still available.
Did that too! (I was also upgrading from the wifi to the cellular version, so I could kind of justify it.) Love the K3.
bchaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I would like to see a special forum for Fire users. The ereaders are fine all together.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I would like to see a special forum for Fire users. The ereaders are fine all together.
You mean like the one that's already there, as a sub-forum in the Kindle forum?

MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I don't think we need separate forums. Just new Prefixes for the Kindles. The Kindle Fire has it's own section already which is fine with me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I chuckled when I found this thread today....I too own a K3 and feel increasly confused here as well. I used to look here on a regular basis "just in case" something went wrong with the Kindle or to find new nuggets of knowledge in playing with it, but have found that I don't spend much time or even open up the Kindle forum when I visit MR. I still open up the Astak and Bookwise just to see if there is any new action going on......

Last edited by spear; 01-06-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: having a dyslexia day...
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The vast majority of discussions here are equally applicable to all Kindle models. In cases where a question is model-specific, the person asking almost always includes the model number in the question, eg "What's the best case for the Kindle Touch?". Such a question would not benefit for a "Kindle Touch" prefix.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The vast majority of discussions here are equally applicable to all Kindle models. In cases where a question is model-specific, the person asking almost always includes the model number in the question, eg "What's the best case for the Kindle Touch?". Such a question would not benefit for a "Kindle Touch" prefix.
Don't be such a stick-in-the-mud. The Sony forum has prefixes so why can't the Kindle forum have them too?

Then there would be a prefix for Kindle Touch and the thread topic would them be "What's the best case?". The reason people put the model in the thread topic is because the moderators have fallen asleep and have not put prefixes in the Kindle forum.

I've started a thread on this in feedback. Please go and support it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164218
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #25
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
hey, don't kill my thread *eyes well up* sniff sniff
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #26
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
the person asking almost always includes the model number in the question, eg "What's the best case for the Kindle Touch?". Such a question would not benefit for a "Kindle Touch" prefix.
That's not true. A case designed for the kindle 4 would not fit a kindle touch (as I learned the hard way). The kindle touch and the kindle 3 are also different sizes.

An example of a question that doesn't benefit from adding touch to the thread title would be something like "how do I create collections?"
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
That's not true. A case designed for the kindle 4 would not fit a kindle touch (as I learned the hard way). The kindle touch and the kindle 3 are also different sizes.
No, you misunderstood me. I meant that it would not benefit from a prefix because the model is clearly identified in the question.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #28
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
What JSWolf said.
A selection of pre-fixes would simplify selection of threads for those of us with time restraints.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #29
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I personally don't see the need for additional prefixes or sub-forums. Practically all models perform the same functions; the only difference is whether those functions are performed using a physical keyboard, a virtual keyboard, or a 5-way controller. The only real difference I can see is the X-Ray function on some of the newer models, which hardly merits the need for a separate sub-forum in my opinion. Of course, the Fire, which really is a horse of a different color, already has its own sub-forum.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I feel obsolete.
I like obsolete. When most new book titles are no longer being released in paper, I'll probably appreciate PB's better

Quote:
Although I still love my K3 dearly, and I'm considering buying a backup K3 while they are still available.
It's a judgment call. I did think of this when low prices appeared Thanksgiving week, but only purchased as gifts.

There are a few computer-type items -- certain Palm models -- which sell for more, in excellent condition, today, than when they were new. But, in most cases, computer-type items go down in price when no longer manufactured. The Kindle 2nd Generation is now selling in like-new condition, at amazon.com, for around $105 with shipping. So I'm taking the risk that when the marketplace thinks eInk readers are obsolete, I'll be able to get a replacement for alot less than I paid for the one I have now (K3 3G purchased in 2010).
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote