Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I can't believe I forgot the 25% off code!
Was just about to post to remind people not to forget the coupon code, and then I saw I was too late....
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
But is that before or after the micropay credits?
There are no micropay credits - these are multiformat books, so the discount is a straight reduction in the price of the book. A non-member can join fictionwise today, pay $18.90, and get all seven books.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There are no micropay credits - these are multiformat books, so the discount is a straight reduction in the price of the book. A non-member can join fictionwise today, pay $18.90, and get all seven books.
Oh, right. Got it.

Thanks. I was considering doing exactly that.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Whoopee! I renewed my annual membership, got $29.95 rebate in Micropay, bought a bunch of other books and got more Micropay and now just bagged all 7 of Lieber's books with the 25% discount, for $16.10 and paid all in Micropay!!
Happy Christmas Fictionwise.....
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post
Whoopee! I renewed my annual membership, got $29.95 rebate in Micropay, bought a bunch of other books and got more Micropay and now just bagged all 7 of Lieber's books with the 25% discount, for $16.10 and paid all in Micropay!!
Happy Christmas Fictionwise.....

SCORE!
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Love the Leiber books, so just joined FictionWise.

Now I've received a free ebook code with my subscription. Can I use both the free code and the 25% code on the same order or will I need to break into two orders?
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #22
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
You'll need to break it up, I believe. Also, the free book code is for any single book up to $10 - so you can't use it for 4 of Lieber's !! Bummer.....
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:14 AM   #23
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
It's always a good idea to plan your purchases ahead of time and break it up in multiple orders. First buy books with 100% rebates or those offering large rebates for CC only. Then use the Micropay to buy any that gives rebates when bought with MP. You can seperate these so the MP you earn for one purchase pays for the next e.g buy a $10 full rebate book on CC. Buy a $7 ($4 rebate) with MP and then buy another $7 book with last MP balance.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:45 AM   #24
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Well, thanks to you guys I finally took advantage of that offer (right in time too) and bought... The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz I had a look at the excerpts of the Leiber books and decided I didn't much care for his writing style - I guess my tastes have changed since I read his books years ago.

The excerpts are very useful, I wish FW and other stores had it more often. That's one of the Amazon features I miss.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:35 AM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Well, thanks to you guys I finally took advantage of that offer (right in time too) and bought... The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz I had a look at the excerpts of the Leiber books and decided I didn't much care for his writing style - I guess my tastes have changed since I read his books years ago.

The excerpts are very useful, I wish FW and other stores had it more often. That's one of the Amazon features I miss.

The Diaz book won the Pulitzer prize recently (two years ago?) and is a wonderful book.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-31-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #26
kennyc

Quote:
...I had a look at the excerpts of the Leiber books and decided I didn't much care for his writing style - I guess my tastes have changed since I read his books years ago.

Florence, I did exactly the same thing. I added the books to my cart at FW and then thought well, maybe I should just get the first one and see and then I went to Amazon or somewhere and read the first few pages and went....well....maybe I'll wait.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #27
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Florence, I did exactly the same thing. I added the books to my cart at FW and then thought well, maybe I should just get the first one and see and then I went to Amazon or somewhere and read the first few pages and went....well....maybe I'll wait.
Actually I read the excerpts on FictionWise for several of Leiber's books. Unfortunately they don't show excerpts for all books (maybe only multiformat ones?) and I think that's a shame. They are one of the reasons FW is my favorite among e-book stores (the ones that are open to me, so that excludes Amazon), at least for the ease of use. I don't like the discount system though. And of course now there are many books I can't buy there because of the geographic restrictions
Old 12-31-2009, 10:54 AM   #28
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
With Kindle for PC, you can always read the excerpt there. Although for some books, they never get to the actual book in the sample.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #29
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
With Kindle for PC, you can always read the excerpt there. Although for some books, they never get to the actual book in the sample.
Hadn't thought of that, but I have a Mac. And, well, I'm not sure I want to use Amazon so much now